Wednesday 6 June 2012

Snow White and The Huntsman








First off...do NOT judge me for watching SWaTH.
The only movies available today were Prometheus and this, and we
really wanted to watch a movie.

I want to watch Prometheus very badly too (Fassikins!), but.
I really needed to laugh ok.
And this was bound to be hilarious for all the wrong reasons.






CHRIS HEMSWORTH IS SUCH A BIG ADORABLE TEDDY BEARRRRRRR :3



I have alot of Hemsworth feels after Snow White and the Huntsman.
So comels!
So so so adorable.
Best character in the movie imo.



(I'm about to try and write about it without spoiling it for whoever hasn't watched it yet, but you're welcome to stop reading right here)




Charlize Theron was annoying as hell.
The guy playing her brother...oh my god I just wanted him to keel over and DIE.

Kirsten Stewart was. well.
as constipated as ever.
And horny at the most inappropriate moments.

And there was absolutely no reason for William to be in the movie.



And there were so many "inspirations" from other movies...
1) Dementor's Kiss, anyone? And Dementors in the forest!
2) Epic LOTR flashback while they were hiking across the mountains
3) White Stag version of Aslan?

tskkk.


Very poor editing as well.
I thought the fight scenes should have been shot better (too close-up!),
and the fairy-world scenes were too drawn out.

And the random voodoo evil queen scenes didn't seem to make any sense/fit in with the rest of the story.
And so much unnecessary sexual tension.
So weird.





But we laughed ourselves silly through it.
(which was the point...I think the rest of the cinema thought we were drunk or something.
Plus, The Boy decided to have a moment in the car park where he just yelled out FINNNNNNN! a la Charlize Theron, which probably convinced everyone that we were drunk)
(we weren't)




Oh.
And (spoiler!)
the bit where Charlize Theron yells "ON YOUR KNEES!" to the Huntsman,
all I could think of was
THOR'S KNEELING! WHERE'S LOKI WHEN YOU NEED HIM?

ahem.

Oh oh oh and fav scene :
When William is trying to revive Snow White with true love's kiss, and Chris Hemsworth (what
IS his name in the movie? ...besides Huntsman) is just hovering around being all awkwarddddd.

AWKWARD HEMSWORTH IS SO COMELS.



Chris Hemsworth just keeps growing on me.
Such a bb. :3
Although I wish they'd try him in a role that didn't require long hair. He's adorbz with short hair.



But for now, fluffy long-haired Hemsworth!




I'm sorry, I'm on a high from too much laughing at that ridiculous excuse for a movie.
What made it even funnier was that it
tried,
it
tried to be all dark, and intense and serious.

But Kirsten Stewart!

How could we
not laugh?





~vid~

4 comments:

  1. Awww, and the trailer looked so nice.
    I like Kirsten Stewart. Will that divide us from now on? O.O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awh. Some people loved it, though, so don't go based off my review!
      I'm probably a bit biased because I went with the expectation that it was going to be rubbish. :/
      oooh. you do? I think she's pretty, but she can't quite act. And no! We shall just refrain from discussing her from now on! :p

      Delete
  2. CHRIS HEMSWORTH!!

    Me and my online friends decided that that exclamation is an entirely appropriate addition to any discussion.

    He is so lovely. He said he read The Hobbit to his baby girl while she was in the womb. IN THE WOMB. He was really the only actually good part in The Huntsman. Kristen can't make me believe she is anybody but herself, the prince's slack-jawed entrance was a terrible beginning to a pointless role, and the queen's brother... ugh. ugh ugh ugh.

    But Chris Hemsworth. Mmhmm. ;D

    <3 Paige

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HEMSWORTH!
      I still have a good deal of Hemsworth feels (eventhough I'm replying this after almost a month...HES SO ADORABLE IT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL)

      Awwww. His baby is teh cutest though. Did you see the new pictures of her? She has a mohawk! hehe. And he can carry her in one hand. That is somehow incredibly endearing and sexy at the same time. ahem.
      Kirsten was funny tho. :| unintentionally.
      The prince was a waste of film reel. and omg I hated the queen's brother. And Charlize Theron was honestly quite horrible.

      BUT HEMSWORTH.
      yes.
      :D

      Delete