Wednesday 26 December 2012

Christmas, The Hobbit, and other stories.


ROARRRRRRRRR.

Hello hello hello.
Miss me? :D

Of course you didn't, I'm hardly here often enough for you to miss me when I'm gone.

hah! Totally incorporated a song lyric into that sentence.

Go me.
woo.


Okay, so first things first, 

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!
AND HAPPY BOXING DAY!
YAY.


I'm putting a Christmas tree on my blog.

Because I can.





Had five and a half days off for Christmas, during which I had ample time to blog...so of course I didn't.

yeh.




Started Surgery today.
Last posting in Batu Pahat!
Just 4 and a half more weeks (because Wednesday is already ending) and then we're done!


And then study break.


And then exams.


*commence freaking out*


We've had to fill in our job applications over the past few weeks.

First we had to register online with the government, 
and then today we handed in the official application form for housemanship, which also includes our choices for which hospitals we'd like to work in.


I've been thinking about my hospital choices since forever, and I did make up my mind about a month ago, 
but while filling in the applications, 
my dearest brother had to confuse me all over again.


"Why this hospital?" 
"Why not this one?"
"Are you sure you want to do housemanship in the Klang Valley?"

-_-


Honestly.


I am an indecisive person by nature.

Takes me forever to make a choice, so once I've decided I like to stick to it (sometimes quite stubbornly), 
but on this...I was honestly confused.
And scared.
What if I made the wrong choices?
What if he had a point?
What if I regretted my decision? - I'd be miserable for the next two years!

Finally slept on it, and made my final decision two whole days later.

I've changed all my choices except my first one - because I really do want to work there, so fingers crossed I get that hospital!

(Hospital is spelt hospital in English right?) 

I still can't believe I've already sent in my application though.
And my interview is in two weeks!
Aaaaaaaah!

I still feel like such a child!

:|


Still in denial about so many things.

Work.
Assignments - goddamn portfolios!

I have to edit most of my portfolios...should have edited them the minute I got them back from the lecturers for each posting, 
...but ..I didn't.
Same old, same old.

Work is piling up. :/
And we have three more portfolios to write for this posting.
I really should start today, 
(which is why I'm blogging obviously. haiii)
but instead I'm about to start watching a new series.

:D


Being Human. (the UK version)

OH BTW DID I MENTION I STARTED WATCHING THE VOICE UK? (I didn't, but now you know ok so)
Because of Danny O' PerfectionDonoghue obviously.
Such a sweetheart. :3




Also currently madly in love with The Script's latest album - #3.
Almost played Six Degrees from it for my nephew the other day before I remembered that I had the uncensored version.

Had to go through my playlist of English songs to look for something non-explicit...

...and then just ended up switching to my Hindi playlist instead because its much safer. -_-

Six Degrees of Separation - The Script :
(because I love this song so much I must put it here ok)


 





Also slightly in love with another UK artist that has probably been around forever, but whom I've only just discovered :
Olly Murs!

LOVE his Heart Skips A Beat :

 

:3



Have I mentioned before how I'm the Queen of Digression?
I was supposed to tell you about how I'm going to start watching Being Human. 

So anyway, 
its a show about a vampire and a werewolf who decide to move in together as housemates and try to live as normal a life as possible ...and then they discover the house they've moved into is already inhabited by a ghost.

So the three of them decide to all live together in peace and harmony.


...or something along those lines idk I haven't started watching it yet.


I've been seeing loads of stuff about it on tumblr because Aidan Turner is in it.

(Aidan Turner = Kili in The Hobbit)

But at first I wasn't interested in watching it because he looks very different in Being Human, compared to the gorgeousness that is Kili the dwarf.


 

And then I was channel surfing sometime over the xmas break and whaddya know - they were playing Season 3 of Being Human on one of the channels (Fox? I think)
and I ended up watching one episode, and I decided I liked it.
The effects are ...if I'm being very honest...quite shite (especially the werewolves omg) but the storyline seems quite promising, 
so starting from Season 1 as soon as I finish this blog post. 


Since I've mentioned The Hobbit...

Initially wasn't going to watch that either, 
but long story short, we ended up watching it anyway last week.

I'm not sure if it's because I'm missing some of the plot, having not read the book, 
but I honestly found the movie boring.
Almost fell asleep in the beginning, and the end.

AND  I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH HOW THE ORCS, THE GOBLINS AND THE TROLLS LOOK ALIKE. LIKE SERIOUSLY. YOU'RE MAKING A HIGH-BUDGET (is that how you say it?) FILM YOU CAN AFFORD TO GIVE THEM MORE DISTINCT FACIAL FEATURES.

I know almost everyone else on the Internet loved the movie (judging from all the rave reviews), 
but I thought it was unnecessarily draggy - 3 hours, really?

But Martin Freeman is adoraaaable.


And Kili. You know what I think about Kili (gorgeous. I needed to say it again).



AND THORIN.



HOW MAJESTIC IS THORIN HONESTLY. 
(He's rather racist though - "I HATE ELVES I HATE ORCS HOBBITS ARE STUPID" you get the idea) 

But its okay hes handsome and we love him anyway.

He's already handsome as the old-ish dwarf prince, 
but so much handsomer irl when he's clean shaven omg.

Like.

 

Okay. Wow. Hell-o

Like seriously.
I just spent like 20 minutes on Google Images just basking in the prettiness that is Richard Armitage okay.


Moar pictures because. smolder. okay.










Yes.



Was going to blog about the labour ward and deliveries and all that, 
but that would be too much for this post.

I have lots to bitchwrite about the labour ward. :D
Both the best and worst experience of medical school so far.

Also, I may or may not have a crush on a certain MO in the Obs Department who seems to be decidedly gay.

(why do I have an affinity for gay men oh my god)



So ta-daaa.
Nice long rubbishy post to tide you guys over while I disappear for the next few weeks. 

whee.


~vid~

1 comment: