Sunday 1 May 2011

Quick rant

We have to write a letter for being absent on Friday?

Seriously?

They still don't get that we're none of us going to actually be bothered enough to show up to plenaries?
-_-

Right.
Reason for being absent on Friday.

a) Your plenaries are rubbish. They were rubbish in Phase 1, they're just as rubbish now. I could learn more playing with babies in the wards instead of zoning out on a Friday afternoon in a lecture hall that barely has working air-condition.

b) It's FRIDAY. You've worn us out all week, at least let us have the opportunity of driving back at lunch, when the highways aren't so jammed, rather than making us wait til 5 and then having to drive back in that mess.
Its not like you're actually giving us anything particularly important to stay back for.

Plenaries are a complete waste of time in clinical school, really.

If any of that comes out for EOS 7 I might regret it, but you know, what the hell. They're not clinically relevant right now, and I honestly could not care less.

They should either just do away with them completely, or push them to Thursday, or mid-week. Put a TBL on Friday...I'd stay back for that.

So why don't you wake up, IMU, and realise your plenary-on-Friday isn't working?
So fix it instead of asking us to write
letters to explain our absence!

Does it really make any difference whether I say I was sick, or had a family emergency or anything else of the sort?
There were 39 of us absent.
Why ask us to waste paper and ink writing rubbish you're not going to read anyway?



IMU admin never fails to annoy me somehow.


oh well.
Gotta get started on my reports.
Left it a bit late this weekend. Yesterday was my Sabbath of sorts.

I don't get why we need
weekly on-call reports and reflections.
Case summaries I can understand.
But on-call reports?
It's a freaking labour room.
Its not going to explode in rainbows one week, and be conquered by purple unicorns the next.
People deliver. The end.

And reflections.
How about...

Expletive censored to protect myself.
I didn't learn anything new this week. ok bye.



Lots of hostility towards IMU today.



Must be the exams.




~vid~

No comments:

Post a Comment