Monday 25 July 2011

Shallow

For all my faults, I didn't think anyone considered me shallow.

But they do.


If crushing on cute celebrities is shallow, then yes, I am shallow.

If telling my friends that I want to get married, is shallow, then yes, I am shallow.

If daydreaming about white knights and faraway castles in an attempt to take my mind off studying is shallow, then yes, I am shallow.

If not checking out any male doctors except the fictional ones on tv is shallow, then yes, I am shallow.

If wanting to end up with someone who doesn't do medicine is shallow, then yes, I am unfuckingbelievably shallow.



I'm one of those girls who grew up believing in Disney,
believing in princes,
believing in soulmates,
believing in happily ever afters.

And the real world has taught me that happily ever afters do exist, if you work at it enough.
The real world taught me that its okay for soulmates to agree to disagree,
that princes may not always be perfect human beings but it doesn't matter as long as they're perfect for you,
that Disney, if nothing else, shone some hope into this bleak existence.

If that makes me shallow, then yes, I am shallow.



I want to fall in love, I want to get married.
I think guys on tv are cute.

Will you deny you're just as superficial as I am?



~vid~

No comments:

Post a Comment