Monday 28 November 2011

Equal and Opposite



I saw leaves falling to the ground today and they were backlit by the sun, and I thought that it might just be the most beautiful thing I have yet seen, and I tried to find a line or word around which I could base a poem. But nothing came. And I kept watching the leaves and thinking about the utter perfection of every piece of that moment but still I couldn't find the words. And finally I decided it was a good thing maybe, to not have words sometimes, because we don't live in words, but in paper cuts and water bottles and fingerprints; in orgasms and rust and loneliness and mirrors and dirty laundry. So I closed my eyes and lifted my face to the sun and breathed in and then out again because that's how those things go you know. Equal and opposite.




I don't know where that excerpt is from, but it's beautiful.


And now I really must get back to attempting to study the CLS manual.
Key word : attempting.


Meh.
Life.
Always gets in the way of stopping to smell the roses.
(not that I would bother stopping to smell the roses if I didn't have studying to do)

Oh the irony.





~vid~

No comments:

Post a Comment