Tuesday 3 April 2012

It's raining!

And I'm soaking wet!

...well.
I was soaking wet, on account of having to run to my car in the rain from the cafe.

I'm all dry now, because I'm home :D

Do you notice how when people use italics, you automatically stress on the word when you're reading it in your mind?
It's involuntary.
Which is why I hate it when people use italics unnecessarily (although I am myself guilty of that offence. meh).



We'd gotten caught in the rain because we stayed back to have lunch in IMU.
Should've left immediately after we were done at the hospital, the sky was already quite dark by then.
Might've just made it back home before the downpour started.
Oh well.
Contemplated leaving my things in the car and only taking them out later when the rain had subsided, but once I reached home,
I was struck by this absolutely brilliant (see, emphasis!) idea of reversing my car into the porch, so that I could take out my things without getting them wet (the porch roof would cover the back half of the car) and then driving out again to park in my usual spot.

I don't like parking in the porch because there was always the off-chance that either of my housemates would park in front of the gate and
a) leave for uni in the other housemate's car before I woke up
b) wake up just when I want to leave for uni and delay me with the whole fuss of removing their car so I could drive mine out.

Easier to just park outside.




I'm horribly sleepy now on account of my hair getting thoroughly wet in the rain.
Wet hair tends to make me very sleepy.

Might sneak in a nap in a few minutes.
(I should be studying! ugh)




Also,
Its National Poetry Month!

Participate!
All you have to do is write one poem a day.
It can be anything from two lines to a proper, full-fledged poem...whatever it is, get writing!

I've started already, on Day 2 now.
So far I've written really silly stuff which I definitely won't be publishing here or anywhere else.
I'm actually just doing this to get myself back into the flow of creative writing.
I haven't written anything at all in so long!
I think the last time I wrote anything worth reading was back in high school.
There were a couple of times, while in medschool, that I did try my hand at stories again (I was never very good at those even back then) but they all turned out rubbish..
...although, thank you Jea Mie for layaning me and reading through them! :)

It occurred to me just now that it was National Poetry Month,
so technically it should be for just one country,
and I worried for a second that I'd be syok-sendiring by joining in too,
but then I figured NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month - in November, if I'm not mistaken) is National too,
but people all over the world join in that.

so yes.
Poetry time it is!




Okay, if I'm going to nap, then I'd better do it now.

It's somehow always easier to wake up before 4pm,
as opposed to falling asleep after 4pm and trying to wake up. That is just impossible.
Impossible!


ok.
bai.




~vid~

2 comments:

  1. Wet hair makes you tired? Someone should do a study about this.

    I'm hiding behind the "National" and will therefore not participate. phew~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Every time I wash my hair, I feel sleepy. I used to think it was the chemicals in the shampoo or something. I dunno. You're right, they should do a study :p

    Awwww. Noooo. Join! It'd be fun!

    ReplyDelete