Saturday 23 October 2010

My two cents about Wayne

This is awfully long, but I had to write somewhere.

What I want to say about Wayne Rooney.



Since I’ve calmed down enough to analyse my feelings properly instead of going off into a senseless rant.

I am still conflicted about Wayne staying.
Part of me thinks he should still just leave, but another part of me is glad he’s staying.
It would have been adding insult to injury to watch him pull on another jersey and score goals for another club.

Though I doubt I will ever fully forgive Wayne for that outrageous statement.
I’ve supported Manchester United for 16 years. Wayne Rooney has only played for them the past 6.
I love Manchester United far more than Wayne Rooney can, or ever will. And he proved it.
No one disses my club and stays in my good books.

The worst of it all was that I loved Wayne Rooney. And I defended him every bit of the way,
after his subdued performance at the world cup,
after the whole fiasco in his personal life.
I stood up for Wayne Rooney against every hater, which is why what he did cut really really deep.
I never expected Wayne, of all people, to just turn around and blatantly betray us all like that.
At this one point I just wanted him to LEAVE.
Good riddance, and all that.

Yet Sir Alex is happy that Wayne is staying.
It baffles me still,
but I have faith in Sir Alex. I believe he had a huge role in making Wayne stay, because lets face it, if SAF didn’t want Rooney, the whole five-year contract would not have happened.
Sir Alex did engineer something, and I’m sure he has his reasons.
I will respect that.

I have to accept that at some point, soon, Wayne is going to pull on that red jersey again, and to a certain extent I will be cheering him on.
Simply because I want him to give his all…for the team I love.

I’ve accepted that he is still going to be a United player, though it will take a very very long time before he earns his place back in my heart.
Somehow I doubt that will ever happen again,
but I’ll live with that until he leaves United for good or retires, whichever comes first.

If I wish Wayne Rooney ill, I am wishing my club ill. And that is something I will never do. Not even unintentionally.

So no, as upset as I was; as upset as I still am about the whole drama,
I will not hate Wayne Rooney.
I will never love him again, but I will not hate him.

I owe it to Manchester United not to hate their players.





~vid~

No comments:

Post a Comment