Tuesday 1 May 2012

Awake


Its 1.15pm.
Haven't slept since the derby.
Didn't sleep before it, and was too upset to sleep after, so I just listened to more Kurt Schneider covers (all the ones I'd missed while clinical school was too busy eating up my life) and then just sauntered down for breakfast at 7am, because I was starving and if I'd gone to sleep then I would have probably woken up sometime tonight. :/

Drank the usual coffee for breakfast, somehow caffeine really kicks in when you're dead tired eh?
Don't usually feel the effects of it on normal mornings.

Made scrambled eggs for breakfast, because I could.
Then my mother wanted to bake a vegetarian (read : eggless) cake for my dad's relatives. My family is going to visit them later today.
I'm not going because they're rude and condescending and sarcastic and honestly a wee bit senile, and life is too short for me to spend a precious mid-week holiday tolerating the same old comments about my skin colour and weight and whatnot from people I really can't stand.

Helped my mother make the cake though. ...because I like my mother.

uh-huh.




And then, I was contemplating going to sleep,
but was too lazy to move from our island table in the kitchen, so I was just aimlessly skimming through recipes,
and then when I got sick of that,
I picked up the John Green book that I recently bought (did I blog about how I spent my book vouchers on that?), that also happened to be lying on aforesaid island,
and decided to just skim through the first chapter.

I got hooked.

I like his style of writing.
My mother disapproves of me reading books like that, she's all for John Grisham and Jeffrey Archer and all,
but whattheheck. I'm allowed my random, juvenile (not really) tastes in books.

And I loved this book.
The Fault In Our Stars.

It was depressing towards the end,
and now I'm all sad,
and there was this one point where I was feeling really sick,
but that's probably because I've slept about 2 hours in the past 32 hours or so, which also explains why this post is so pointless and rambly.

I honestly don't know why I'm blogging right now, but I am, so there.






Still haven't done my CFCS reports, but since the presentation is postponed,
I'm not in such a big hurry to get them done as I was before.

Which means I can afford to switch on my air-cond, cocoon myself in my wonderful purple squishy blankie and sleep while my family goes traipsing off to Melaka to visit vegetarian relatives whom none of us really like.

Because, if you don't like your relatives, then you simply must push your feelings aside and be hypocrites to maintain peace and tranquility.

amen.







Yeah, I really do need to sleep.

Goodnight.



~vid~

No comments:

Post a Comment