Saturday 5 May 2012

Conversations


The brother : You not going eyebrowsing or anything tomorrow right?

Me : I'm going eyebrowsing!

Mum : What on earth is eyebrowsing?

Me : Oh, he means threading.

Mum : ...how do you people even understand each other?



* * *



Me : (looking at the new Groupon deals) Ma, let's go to Greece.

Mum : Okay.

Me : ...no, I'm serious, let's go to Greece.

Mum : Okay.

Me : Ma, you're not listening to me.

Mum : Yes I am. You said 'let's go to Greece'.

Me : And?

Mum : And I said okay.

Me : ...so we can go to Greece?

Mum : No.

Me : what but..

Mum : No.



* * *



Our cousin is due to deliver twins in a month or so.

The Brother : Okay, so how do you know when you're going to deliver? When your water breaks?

Me : Yes.

Mum : No.

Me : YES.

Mum : ...there are other symptoms too okay, like-

The Brother : Okay, no, wait. What's the water...-bag-thing called?

Me : The amniotic sac.

The Brother : Speak English.

Me : I am.

The Brother : What's the layman term for ...whatever it is you just said?

Me : ...the water ...bag?

The Brother : Yes, but I asked you what the water-bag was called in medical ter..oh.

-_-



* * *



Dad : One of my friends has to go for an operation next week. He's donating one of his livers to someone.

Mum & Me : (together) We only have one liver each.

Dad : What.

Mum : You're thinking of kidneys.

Dad : What. No he said liver.

Mum : You can't donate one liver, you only have one. You can only donate part of it.

Dad : What. (looks to me) Is this true?

Me : Yes.

Dad : What.



* * *



My family is ridiculous.




~vid~

6 comments:

  1. Waaaah~ You made my evening! This is great! I laughed so hard. Your family is wonderful. :-D Wonderful as in funny, you know. ^^
    Eyebrowsing is like window-shopping?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, I'm glad you enjoyed this post :D
      They're a bit mad, really, my family. Guess that's where I get it from. hehe.

      Lol no, what he meant by eyebrowsing was threading for eyebrows. Where you go to a beauty parlour (or something similar) and they shape your eyebrows. :p

      Delete
  2. First of all, your family has great conversations xD.

    Second of all, MY LOVE FOR KURT IS NOTHING NEW. In fact he's the reason I found your blog in the first place, do you remember?! March 18.

    And thirdly, Chris Hemsworth. That is all.

    <3 Paige

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My family is mental, honestly.
      LOL you're allowed to love Kurt :D And yes, I do remember! The kurt post that started it all. hehe.
      ooh. Chris is yum. but. TOM HIDDLESTON. yes. <3

      Delete
  3. Hahaa yoh now that was just epic.. I could not stop laughing!!!! Just awesome!

    ReplyDelete