Monday 21 May 2012

Thought of the Day


I wish people would think for themselves.



Yes, I understand you just read that wonderful book that had the most amazing message,
or you just listened to that motivational speaker who inspired you to take charge of your own life..

...but before you quote it to death to your friends, think.
Think about what you read.
Think about what that person said.

Was it biased?
Did it really make sense?
Does it really apply to your life?


It's wonderful to listen to good speakers who can sway you to their way of thinking,

but. think.
Do you really believe in what he's saying?

Because if you do,
then tell me in your own words what you've gleaned from it.
Don't quote chunks of it to me.


And, for the love of God, please learn to accept that others' may have different perspectives on a subject.






Extremely random incoherent rant.
Excuse me.




~vid~

No comments:

Post a Comment