Sunday 15 November 2009

Ethmoid Sinus Infection


Remember how I said on Thursday that I was recovering from my flu-thingy and I was feeling loads better and etc etc??

Yesterday morning I woke up and blew my nose (the way I usually do in the mornings) and I FOUND BLOOD STREAKS IN MY PHLEGM.
I pretty much freaked out and died la ok.
I mean. Blood in phlegm. First thing I tot of was tb.
><
Then I managed to figure out that was NOT the probable diagnosis cos well I wasn't coughing up any phlegm really..it was mostly stuck in my nose or pharynx-abouts.
AND my nose hurt like hell.



So anyway.
Ran to doctor.



Apparently I have an ethmoid sinus infection.
Which was pretty severe.
To the extent a few capillaries surrounding the sinus burst.

-__-

Ethmoid sinus infections are not at all common, and are mostly the result of a maxillary sinus infection that has been left untreated and thus spread all the way to the ethmoid sinus.

Serves me right for not going to see the doctor two weeks ago la kannnnnn.

And then right.
After running thru all the meds he was prescribing with me (yes he knows I'm a med student and so explains every single detail),
hes like
"Oh. By the way. Watch out for any puffiness under your eyes, or any eye pain or fever or anything ok? Because as you know, there's only a thin bone separating the sinus from your brain. Theres a high possibility it might lead to an infection in your brain"

O_O
Gee. How VERY reassuring...NOT!

I bloody almost had a heart attack and died right there okay. Wtf.
There should be some rule where doctors should NOT tell students about worst case scenarios when aforesaid student consults the doctor as a patient.



My neck hurts. Ow. ow. ow.
I thought it was something to do with the way I'd slept yesterday, but its still hurting today...despite all the Ponstans and medicated-plasters and deep heat rubs.
MEH.
And I'm still not studying.
And I haven't done PBL.
And I'm in pain.

I'm also hungry.
So buh-bye I want to go eat.:D



This update is to let you know HOW close I am to possibly getting a brain infection and dying and therefore is directed mainly towards making you realise that subconsciously you absolutely love me and would die if I wasn't here to entertain you with my nonsense almost every day.

Heehee :D

P.S. I 'm not joking la okay. I really do have an ethmoid sinus infection. -__-

~vid~

No comments:

Post a Comment