Monday 21 June 2010

Of Public Displays of Affection



Mrawrrrr.
*rolls over and over and looks at you upside down*




:DDD



So the Star Two section had this article on PDA today.
How...sad.
Of all the subjects to discuss in a newspaper.

Skimming through the article, I think there was a point
where the writer was surprised that the Malaysian youth find PDA as repulsive as, well..older people.

LIKE DUHHH.

I don't like PDA.
Its annoying.
The kind of annoying that makes you want to dump a bucket of ice water on said culprits of PDA.

Call me a prude, ..go on, I dare you to. ;DDD


K.
So since I have bucketloads *coughcough* of free time on my hands, and since I ez boreddddd.
Let us discuss why people disapprove of PDA.

*pushes specs further up nose and stares hawk-eyed at you*

How on earth do you stare hawk-eyed at people btw??




Ahh.


OMG EWWW THEY HAVE HAWK-EYED MOTHS.
EEEEEE.




I should be the Queen of Digression.
Virtual cookie to anyone who relates that with the 3 sentences above. :DD



But yes. PDA.
Definitions :
Forgivable-PDA : Holding hands, short kisses (SHORT), kisses on cheek/forehead.
All that - acceptable.
NOT ACCEPTABLE : Sitting on each others laps in the freaking library and necking, frenching, making out intensely.

(Diff btw frenching & making out : amount of hand involvement)


The reason I find it irksome is simply because, if you're with a friend and said friend starts PDA-ing with other half...then you feel like the biggest lamppost in history of lampposts.



On the other hand, if a total stranger starts PDA-ing in front of you...thats not as bad as being the lamppost friend, but its still annoying.
You can't look AT them, because then you're a perv.
Yet if you look steadfastly at anywhere except at them...then you're a prude whos being insanely awkward.
Either way, you're still a lamppost.

You can ignore them at places like shopping malls, bus stops...but escalators and elevators?
Its like eye-roll material man.
Get a freaking room.


And, I'll admit, a good 60% of the annoyance comes from the fact that at the time I witness PDA,
I would be either walking alone, or with my girlfriends, or with boy friends who aren't boyfriends (geddit?).
So its not like I can rub it in anyones faces by going "THINK YOU ONLY CAN DO AH? I CAN DO THAT TOOOO." *cue sticking out tongue and intense impromptu make out session here*
-__-
I never claimed to be mature. :DDD
(although I do complain alot about immaturity in other people. heh :p)



And all that crap about PDA being a turn on for other people.

Think about it.
If the guy was like the OMGGGDDGKILLMENOW kind of hot...THEN WHY WOULD I BE TURNED ON WHEN HES KISSING SOMEONE ELSE?
I would be like...emo.
Pfft.
If the guy is not hot (re : human law of attraction. Dont blast me for being shallow)
then why on earth would I feel the slightest bit turned on?

If the girl was hot, then I would just be jealous. 'Nuff said.



Out of curiosity though, how can you be comfortable with dry humping each other in public?
Or is it some sort of human property-branding ritual that I'm not aware of?
Like : I'm kissing this human in public. This human is mine, you hear me, MINEEE.
Right.



K I ran out of things to say. :D

Point of post.
DO NOT PDA IN FRONT OF ME.
I DOES NOT LIKE LAMPPOSTING.



And I wasn't kidding about the bucket of iced water.



Random picture that made my day :









~vid~


No comments:

Post a Comment