Tuesday 18 September 2007

The Yes person

Sigh.
And just when I thought my luck was looking up,
everything comes crashing down.
I have GOT to learn to say no.
You see,
I'm the kind of person who finds it hard to deny anyone a favour.
Either I'm too nice or too stupid to say no.
Sad.
Take today for instance :

Scene 1 :
Teacher : Hey girl, come here for a while.
- walks over -
T : You are in Form 6 now right?
Me : Yeah... ( Do I know you? )
T : What class are you in?
M : Lower 6 Science 2. ( Why you want to know? )
T : Can you speak Chinese?
M : Yes..... ( Of course I can. Do I look like a banana? )
T : This year you not much work to do, very free hor?
M : Errr...ok ok lor... ( Yeah right. Homework piling up like crazy. Exam coming soon... )
T : Can you help me do something ar?
My mind : Say no. Say no. Say no.
M : Yeah sure.
My mind : Stupid girl.
T : Okay I'll bring my son's homework and I want you to help him edit a bit, okay?
My mind : Oh shit. I got B4 for Bahasa Cina in SPM and you want me to mark some kid's essay? Are you kidding me? Say no. Say no. Say no.
M : Oh okay. - nods and flashes fake smile -
T : Okay I bring it tomorrow and give it to you ar?
My mind : Last chance. Say no.
M : Okay. - senyum kambing again -
My mind : -slaps forehead ( if it had one ) - We're doomed.

Scene 2 :
Su Fern : Hey Jea Mie, can you act out a small play to promote our lanterns during perhimpunan tomorrow?
Jea Mie : Errrr...
*To those who are in the dark, the Form 6 council is selling lanterns with personal messages to raise money for some event. Kinda like Valentines Day, where you give out flowers, only this time we're giving lanterns instead.
Su Fern : It doesn't have to be very long, just around 1 minute.
Jea Mie : -speechless- - looks around for help with huge pathetic eyes -
SF : Just act something simple like "omg that is such a nice lantern! who gave it to you? oh the form 6 council is selling lanterns!" and etc. Make it dramatic la.
JM : -looks at brother for help- Erm.. why us?
*Su Fern asked me and my bro to act.
SF : Oh because you're such good actors.
*We acted out a small sketch during Hari Kokurikulum. It was HILARIOUS.
Jea Sern : Who will be at the tapak perhimpunan?
JM : The whole school la.
SF : Yeah, the whole school.
JM : -looks at my bro-
JS : -looks at me-
JM : ...
JS : ...
SF : -looks at us-
JM + JS : Errr...okay lar... - says this VERY reluctantly-
SF : Okay~! I submit your names ar?
JM + JS : -nods head in self defeat-

See what I mean?
Because of my inability to say no, I am now stuck with 2..."jobs".
Sigh.
Of course, I DID come up with a stupid sketch.
Here's how it goes :

JS : -says in a bored and dead voice- Oh.my.god. What are you holding?
JM : -says in an equally bored voice with halting sentences- It.is.a.lantern.
JS : But it is so lame. Is it a LAMEtern?
JM : Yes it is. It is a lametern.
JS : Wow. I want one too. Let's go get another one.
JM : Yes. Let's go buy a lametern.
JM + JS : - with obvious fake excitement - Yay. Yay.
- Narrator steps in and explains about the product -

Yes.
I know.
It's lame.
But you have to admit.
It's hilarious. XD
Although I don't think the teachers would take this too kindly.
Nor would Su Fern.
But then again, you don't see any advertisements downgrading their products, do you?
Sigh, back to the drawing board I guess. :(
Pray for me please.

--- JM ---