Monday 1 September 2008

Live Free or DIE HARD

As most of you may have very well guessed already, (from the post below and from my msn disp pic and personal message)...
I have now officially become a die hard fan of the DIE HARD series.
(pun intended :p)


God my eyes hurt.
No joke okay, from 3.45 to 11.45 yesterday.
Sit down one shot and watch four Die Hard movies back to back. :)


I THINK BRUCE WILLIS IS SEXY.
I dont care who disagrees, or what your opinion of me will be after reading that particular statement, but
I THINK BRUCE WILLIS IS SEXY.
=D


Espcially in the first Die Hard wei...although that was way back in 1988.

Plus hes a damn good actor.
Especially in Tears of the Sun, 16 Blocks, and Sixth Sense.
Sixth Sense rocked btw. :p
I've watched it about 5 times, and I would still watch it again.


I super love Star Movies for doing a marathon screening yesterday, cos before yesterday, I've only ever watched the ending of Die Hard 3.


I want to write a movie-by-movie review of the entire series, for no particular reason at all.


DIE HARD


Hero : The (esp at that time) very sexy Bruce Willis.


Villain : ALAN RICKMAN! PROFESSOR SNAPE! WOOOOOOOOT.



I'd say that this was the best Die Hard movie EVER.
Even though it had damn outdated (as of now) technology and everything, the action was damn good wei.
And it had ALAN RICKMAN!
ok nvm lol.
I like the parts where John talks to himself. Okay la, he does that in every movie. LOL.
But its damn cute!

[after witnessing Mr. Takagi's murder]
John McClane: [talking to himself] Why the fuck didn't you stop them, John? Because then you'd be dead, too, asshole.
*
John McClane: [Tying fire hose around his waist] Oh, John, what the fuck are you doing? How the fuck did you get into this shit?

And Alan Rickman (I love this guy too!) has to be the best Die Hard villain ever.
Where got villain bullshit the police so straight-facedly wan!?

Hans: The following people are to be released from their captors : In Northern Ireland, the seven members of the New Provo Front. In Canada, the five imprisoned leaders of Liberte de Quebec... In Sri Lanka, the nine members of the Asian Dawn movement...
John McClane: [listening on the radio] What the fuck?
Karl: [mouthing silently] Asian Dawn?
Hans: [covers the radio] I read about them in Time magazine.

O_O


DIE HARD 2 : DIE HARDER

John McClane: Oh man, I can't fucking believe this. Another basement, another elevator. How can the same shit happen to the same guy twice?


Die Hard 2 was not soooo great. But still worth watching. ;)
He's damn kepo la omg. Everything oso must go stick his nose inside, then of course he'll get pulled in, and have to save the day as usual.
And this time also, he has to go do it at Christmas. LOL.
Well, at least he got a one year break.

[McClane is forced to crawl through yet another ventilation system]
John McClane: Just once, I'd like a regular, normal Christmas. A little eggnog... a fuckin' Christmas tree... a little turkey. But, no. I gotta crawl around in this motherfuckin' tin can.

But the last part seriously rocks la.
The part where he sets the plane on fire.
Damn stylish man. Woot!

John McClane: Holly, here's your fucking landing light. WHOOO.



DIE HARD 3 : DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE



Villain : JEREMY IRONS! (ok la this pic he looks cacat, but I lazy wan go find nicer pic, so bear with it :p)

Aiseh man. Why the villains all oso damn cun wan?
Okay, this movie I dont like the fact that John's wife left him, and that he's almost an alcoholic.


No fun la liddat!
Eeesh.
But he and Samuel Jackson make a damn good pair.
Dahlah both oso damn good actors. :)

Zeus: Why do you keep calling me Jésus? Do I look Puerto Rican to you?
John McClane: Guy back there called you Jésus.
Zeus: He didn't say Jésus. He said, "Hey, Zeus!" My name is Zeus.
John McClane: Zeus?
Zeus: Yeah, Zeus! As in, father of Apollo? Mt. Olympus? Don't fuck with me or I'll shove a lightning bolt up your ass? Zeus! You got a problem with that?
John McClane: No, I don't have a problem with that.

*
Zeus: Who was the 21st President?
John McClane: I don't know.
Zeus: You don't know?
John McClane: No, I don't know! Do you know?
Zeus: No!

*
[trying to get to one of Simon's destinations on time]
Zeus: Park Drive is always jammed!
John McClane: I didn't say "Park Drive."
[McClane turns the cab and drives through the park]
John McClane: I said "the park."

O_O
Samuel Jackson is classic ok.
I suka him extra cos he acted in Star Wars. :p

Zeus: Now, where you goin'?
Dexter: School.
Zeus: Why?
Raymond: To get educated.
Zeus: *Why*?
Dexter: So we can go to college.
Zeus: And why is that important?
Dexter: To get es-pect.
Zeus: RE-spect. Now, who's the bad guys?
Dexter: Guys who sell drugs.
Raymond: Guys who have guns.
Zeus: And who's the good guys?
Dexter: We're the good guys.
Zeus: Who's gonna help you?
Raymond: Nobody.
Zeus: *So who's gonna help you*?
Dexter: We're gonna help ourselves.
Zeus: And who do we not want to help us?
Dexter, Raymond: White people.
Zeus: That's right. Now get on outta here. Go to school.


DIE HARD 4.0 : LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD


TIMOTHY OLYPHANT TIMOTHY OLYPHANT TIMOTHY OLYPHANT!

ok nvm.
I've loved him ever since I watched Catch & Release, and then he acts in DIE HARD!?
Wooooooooooot.
But omg la. I googled him yesterday. And hes 40.
O_O
And married.
With three kids.
O_O
Did you just hear the sound of my heart shattering?
sniff sniff.

John McClane: [after covering a webcam] Freddy, can you trace these guys?
Thomas Gabriel: Detective, covering the camera does not turn off the microphone.

LOL. ok damn sad case.
Eh this movie super cun wei.
The effects and the action and everything.
BUT I DONT LIKE BRUCE WILLIS'S HAIRSTYLE!
(or lack of it)
Not nice laaaaaa he shave headdddddd. :(


Matt Farrell: I'm not a doctor but it's looks like you're hurt.
John McClane: Sexy, isn'it?

Muahaha.
Damn syok sendiri. I suka :p


I'd say the movies rank in this order, from the best to the so-so.
DIE HARD
DIE HARD 4.0 : LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD
DIE HARD 2 : DIE HARDER
DIE HARD 3 : DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE


If A Die Hard 5 comes out, I am sooooooo going to watch in theatre. I dont care.
I'll go alone if I have to :p

O ya.
You know whats the best part?
In EVERY MOVIE he says the same phrase...

John McClane: Yippie-kay-yay, motherfucker.

LOL.

~vid~