Wednesday 12 August 2009

Day 1 & 2 : Trivandrum

Right.
So promised journal entries, cos I'm too headachy to blog properly anyway :p





14th July 2009

Just reached India.
Ppl here eat dinner at 11.30 pm…which is like 2am Msian time.
Dinner weyh.
Sooooo bloodyfreakinglate. I shall die soon. -_-

I’d forgotten what India was like. I’d forgotten what the roads were like.
All the auto-rickshaws, and the endless honking,and the cows.
How could I have forgotten the cows?? :p

The plane ride was awfully bumpy, thank God (again) for the Valsalva Manouever, or I’d have ended up with massive earache and migraine.
Staying in my dad’s cousins house…the cousin who visited us last year…whom I don’t like.
Ugh.
I think I can survive for 3 days here tho. Hopefullly. :(
I miss
my cousin awfully.

Our flight was from Singapore, so we had to hang around in Changi airport for awhile. You’d think ppl there’d have good English, I mean it being Singapore and all.
But goddd, the announcer (that lady who announces which flights are ready for boarding at which gate)…is HORRIBLE.
You cannot understand what she’s saying at all! At first I didn’t even realise she was speaking English.

Its 3 am Msian time…I am dreadfully sleepy.
Couldn’t sleep on the flight due to all that turbulence.
Nitenite.






15th July 2009

I am bloody HUNGRY.
Omg and to think I have to bear another 2 weeks of thosai, and idly, and overcooked rice….*groan*.

And honestly, people in India DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DRIVE. There are basically only two rules that every driver here follows:
1. Overtake everything that moves.
2. Honk when you’re overtaking, honk when you’re turning, honk when you see ppl you know, honk when someone overtakes you, honk if you see an oncoming car…you get the picture.

I am bored.
They hardly have mirrors here. -__-
Mirrors are like one of the basic necessities of life, and they don’t have mirrors.
OK, I’m exaggerating, they do, but theyre miserably small and chucked into tiny corners that don’thave proper lighting.

Speaking of chucking, even buildings here seem chucked.
You’d suddenly find
hospitals, or universities in the middle of a row of shops.
Like as tho they were part of the shoplots.
Im serious.
Its pretty common to find “Bharat Engineering College” in between “Sunitha Sweets” and “Anandhu Egg Agencies”.

AND they have temples in the middle of the road. I am not kidding.
There was this one temple that was just built smack in the middle of the main road, and traffice just goes around it. Like how if you put a rock in the middle of a flowing river, the water would just continue flowing around the rock.
I’ll see if I can take a pic of that temple tmr. :p

I like my dad’s other cousins husband tho. Hes awfully nice.
I’ve come to the conclusion that in India, I will always get along better with the guys than the girls.
I spose I’m not as quiet or as well-behaved or as shy as them.
Blek. ><

Sigh. I really need a good hefty dose of Bollywood masala songs.




~vid~


p.s. I didn't quite take out my camera until I reached the hosp, so very few pics in the next few posts. ><

No comments:

Post a Comment