Wednesday 2 September 2009

Reports, coffee beans, and inspirations.



Someone spilt water all over my Elective notes yesterday.
Most of my notes have been washed away.


Everything that I wrote in coloured pen (you know those Buncho ones you can get at the photocopy shop in IMU)


THANK GOD that all my procedures were written in ballpoint.
That's still intact.
Or my entire report would have been washed right away with all that ink.
-__-

It was completely not my fault,
Yet,
somehow I feel like yelling at
myself.

If only I hadn't been so engrossed in the tv that I'd had to move my books and laptop from the dining table to the carpet in the hall.
If only I had stuck to sensible ball point pens instead of those stupid coloured ones.
If only I'd finished my report
earlier.

Procrastination so does not pay.
-__-

I still have more than enough info for my report, but it still somehow feels that one month's hard work has just gone down the drain.

Its funny how suddenly my priorities have become so clear cut.
Funny how it took going to India for that to happen.

Came across something that I wrote while I was in India,
about a patient who has optic nerve atrophy.
I'll put it up here.

30th July

...But the saddest part is, hes going blind. I just read his case sheet. If I could have cried over it without seeming like a total idiot, I would have. Hes 18 years old and hes losing his vision.

If I were in that position I don’t think I would be able to handle having had perfect eyesight and then suddenly losing all vision, even colour.


31st July

Talked to him today. Like I said earlier, hes got a major problem with his vision, and yet, YET the boy tries out every year for his basketball team. He never gives up, no matter how many times they reject him, no matter how many times he dislocates his shoulder, no matter how many times he bangs into the wall and breaks his teeth.

AND HE HAS A DRIVING LICENSE.

Hes so determined, so spirited…

I felt so insignificant after talking to him. If I were in his position I would have probably cried my life away and wallowed for like forever in self-pity.

He’s so determined to live life as normally as he can, to the maximum.

It’s inspiring, and amazing, and I feel abashed for every time I have given up on something. :(




My life is near perfect, and yet I used to find reasons to whine, everyday.
Yet, when compared to people like this,
people who face physical challenges on top of everything else, from the minute they get out of bed every morning...what right do
I have to complain??
Where do I come off saying life is sad?


When put in boiling water, I've been alternating between being the carrot and the egg.
I guess its time to become the coffee bean.


(If you have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about, read this)


K.
Enough philosophy for one morning.
Going to finish my report, and pass it to my mentor to read before class starts.
By hook or by crook.
No more procrastinating.

Oh, and btw
HAPPY ONAM EVVYBODY :)



~vid~

No comments:

Post a Comment