Thursday 24 September 2009

Suicide Interrupted


Found something I wrote back in Form 5.
Wrote it initially for the School Mag - Gemala, cos they said they wanted something morbid...but apparently this turned out too morbid.
-__-




Suicide Interrupted

I looked at the knife
I looked long into the mirror
I thought of my pathetic life
No wish had I to suffer further

Though among crowds, I felt alone
I felt my family did care no more
I felt unwelcome - at school, at home
I did not know who I was anymore

So, I gripped the knife real tight
The veins in my wrist could be seen clearly
My courage I summoned with all my might
To take my life - was I really ready?

One last look around the room
(or so I thought)
Before facing my miserable doom
But then my eyes were caught -

A book on the shelf, the culprit
It called to me, though it lay still
Tried to focus on my plan, to ignore it
But, ah, the cat did curiosity kill

I picked it up, began to read
T'was a book on how to believe
I lost my wish to die - there was no need
I gained instead the will to live

I thank God now for that timely(?) interruption
He put that book upon that shelf
Among its pages, in the roots of religion
I found my faith, I found myself...

Vidya G Pillai. '06. All rights reserved





Very morbid meh?

Its been almost three years since I've written anything else.
Just...haven't had inspiration.
Hmmm.


~vid~

No comments:

Post a Comment