Sunday 21 November 2010

Hyperthyroidism


So I still wasn't feeling well today.
So I went to see my family doctor (who, in my opinion, IS THE BEST DOCTOR IN THE WORLD. ok.)
Yes.

So I explained (AGAIN) my symptoms :

1. Dizziness Vertigo
2. Nausea/vomiting
3. Tinnitus

And so he's like, you know what, I'll take your BP ok.
So he did.
120/60.
But hes like "your heart rate seems kind of fast though"

So he takes my pulse.
124 bpm.

Its not the first time I've had that kind of pulse though.

Then he asks about breathlessness.
check.
Wheezing?
check.
Hand tremors.
Nowadays mine are pretty damn obvious.
Insomnia.
FOR THE PAST FREAKING MONTH OMG.
Diarrheoa.
Hmm. Yep. Recently.


"I think we need to do a thyroid function test"

What?

"Your symptoms all point to hyperthyroidism. Of course, it may not be, but we'll have to check"

Then he glances at my hands.

"Hold out your hands properly"
"and stick out your tongue"
"okay, I'm just gonna check your eyes yeah"

...

"I think I'd better check for your hemoglobin levels too"

What.

"This might take two or three days, but I think we're leaning towards hyperthyroid"

Uh.

"If it is hyperthyroid, then you'll have to go on medication for 1 1/2 years"

Huh.

The worst part is he's all serious-ish. For the past 11 years I've known him, he's never serious-ish with me.

He just kept looking at me oddly.
I think he expected me to start crying. or something.

I think I laughed.

I'm still unsure of how to react to this.

Ofc, it may not be hyperthyroid, and I may just be being a drama queen, but.

I just don't know anymore.

Sometimes I just wish someone would give me a definitive diagnosis and be done with it.




I feel like an old sickly woman now.




Taking a couple of days off.
I need a break.



~vid~

No comments:

Post a Comment