Friday 21 January 2011

On-call


HAI U GUIZ.

Just got back from my overnight on-call.

Yep.
You read that right.
Overnight.
:D

Dunno why so enthu, but then again, not like there's much else to do by way of entertainment in Seremban.

Woke up at 11am yesterday, went out to study in the afternoon til about 7-ish?
YES I STUDY OK.
And then came back, washed up and went to the hospital.
Nothing was happening, so we got bored and went to mamak til about 12,
And then went back to HTJ and parked ourselves in 6A.
We're supposed to be there this week anyway.


Not much happened though.
I suppose I should be thankful for that...wishing for something to happen is basically wishing for one of the patients to collapse or die or something.

yeah.

Took blood from a few patients.
Nice to know I can still do it well, despite having not done venepuncture in over a month.
My hands were shaking though.
Although that might have been the effect of the 5 cups of coffee + not much food.

mmm.
So we stayed til about 5.30.
Then we got really bored, so we went to sleep in the student lounge in IMU.

It was too bright, so I mostly attempted dozing off/surfed the Internet/stared aimlessly into space while Mhirah slept.
At 7 the cleaners started coming in, and I, being the self-conscious prat I am,
decided to sit up like a decent human being and continue staring aimlessly into space,
instead of being sprawled all over the couch like I was earlier.

Then after awhile we went for breakfast at the cafe,
then back to the wards for ward rounds.
(I HAVE NO IDEA WHY WE WERE SO ENTHU)
By 9 I was crashing...my brain just wasn't working at all.


Had a surprise today though.
Dr Chan, on the extremely rare occasions that he does open his mouth to talk to the patients, actually has a rather lovely voice.
Its so deep,
and
nice.
But he hardly ever talks.
So we don't get to hear it much.
How sad.

Dr Shivanan is pretty awesome, once you look past his permanent PMS.

But then again, I would PMS too if my houseman told me it took 3 days to get back results of an FBC.
-_-
yeah.


Right, so by 11 we left.
And ate lunch.
And now I'm back home typing this out.


Its 1.10 now, and I've officially been awake for more than 24 hours.
I'm tired.
My foundation has worn off, as has my eyeliner.
I SHOULD look like absolute crap.

But I don't.
I look like I slept 10 hours and then just woke up at 8 and went for ward rounds.


yeah.


I'm going to go sleep now.


Good night my lovelies!



~vid~

No comments:

Post a Comment