Sunday 11 July 2010

Probably Last WC rant. (not last WC post)


Excerpt from a Thomas Muller interview :

Fifa. com : Finally, who’s going to win the Final on Sunday?
Thomas : If we’re talking potential, it has to be Spain. They’re a superb group, very well organised and exceptionally creative in attack, and they have lots of world-class players too. But we shouldn’t underestimate the Netherlands. Throughout the tournament, they’ve not played the glorious football we all know and love from their past. However, they’ve worked out what it takes to succeed. I’d obviously be delighted for my club-mates Mark van Bommel and Arjen Robben, but what I’m really looking forward to is a great game.



DOES NO ONE AGREE WITH ME?
*headdesk*

Fine. I'm biased. Spain are the greatest team ever.
Watevss.
(They STILL dont play as a team. HAH.)




Todays match was...depressing?
We were rubbish against Uruguay.
Uruguay was excellent also.

Yeah.
After all the defending I've been doing, and all those shouting matches and etc etc...they go play like this against Uruguay.
Why, mein mannschaft? Why?

Our reserves weren't very good. (the ones who started)
Butt was hopeless.
Not having Lahm, Klose, Poldi and Neuer...I think it hit the team hard, and they lost their rhythm.

We still won, but its not a victory you would want to shout from the rooftops about.

Forlan was excellent. That last freekick should have been a goal, and we should have gone into extra time.
(I'm sure some smart ass is going to add in here that extra time was out of the picture cos Paul predicted Germany's win)



Funny story : Most of the arguing I've been doing (on fb) is with England fans.
They werent supporting Spain,
they just wanted Germany to lose (I've said this before, havent I?)

Like get over it already. So Lampard's goal was unfairly disallowed.
The whole freaking world agrees it was unfair.
But we beat you 4-1. If we beat you 2-1 and you want to call us cheaters then fine.
4-1.
Shut up and get a freaking life.

Yes, I was all Spain didnt deserve to win! the day/night of the game.
Any fan whose team loses is going be all upset and say the other team didnt deserve it. It comes from the heartbreak of coming so close, and yet not getting through.
But come on, after two days, when I'd calmed down, I agree they were definitely the better team that night. They shut us down completely.

England Germany was what? 2 weeks ago?
Fucking get over it.



I dont like trash talking other teams.
I dont like the fighting between the fans (though I indulge in it...I have to defend my team, right?)
It takes away from the appreciation of the game itself.




I'm rooting for Netherlands tonight,
but maybe the fates have it all planned out already.

Then again, if Spain win, it will only be because they were better than the Netherlands.
They cant play crap and win.
So if they win, they'll deserve it.

And that would mean, throughout this tournament, they were better than every other team they played against.
I will not agree they're the best team in the world.

They may have an excellent strategy which they execute to perfection, but they just dont have that flair.

Dont lecture me on Spain's strategy. I understand their strategy. And fgs, I actually do like Spain.
I can like a team and still feel they dont deserve to win, right?




~vid~


P.S. As for calling the 3rd place match a final for losers...you wouldnt have said it had it been your team playing for 3rd. Really. Grow. up.

No comments:

Post a Comment