Friday 9 July 2010

WC Rant. Dont like, dont read.


Firstly, to whoever up there controls outcomes of football games :
That was low, dude.
That was just fucking low of you.




I don't want to hear about how good the Spanish are.
And I dont want to hear about octopuses.
I can't take all that in right now.


Though, congrats to Spain btw.
The Spanish may have been better than us yesterday, but I maintain that they do not deserve to lift the Cup.
Football is not about playing keep ball for 90 minutes and lucky last minute scoring when you've driven the other team to frustration.

We were not our best yesterday.
You could say the Spanish cramped our style? and the boys couldnt get out of it.
It was a tactical nightmare.


But to all of you who, out of nowhere, are going "La Viva Espana....Germany suck!"
Let me put down my two cents worth :

At the beginning of this tournament, no one had any expectations of such a young side.
With Ballack out, no one thought we'd make it.
And who had even heard of Ozil and Muller??

And all this while, after their 3 fantastic 4-goal wins, suddenly there was all this hype about how the Germans have been underestimated all this time.
And yet, after
yesterday...suddenly the Germans are overrated? They were outclassed by the Spanish?

...I'm sorry, did I miss the part where Spain trashed Germany 5-0?

Oh thats right...THEY DIDN'T.
They just scored ONE goal.
That goal was, I admit : 20% good ball control, 20% poor defending, but a good 60% luck.
Don't tell me it wasn't luck, because for all their keep ball and passing, they never could fucking finish. And they wouldn't have that goal if not for the lapse in defence.

So y'all can take your outclasseds and outshineds and overrateds and stuff them somewhere the sun don't shine.


Because even after that loss,
I am still. so. fucking. proud. of them.

Their journey through this tournament...
And the flair and confidence they exhibited, leading up to today...thank you for giving me something to cheer for.

My heart broke yesterday.
I was devastated.

But today, TODAY I can and will stand up proudly to all you haters out there and say : inexperienced as most of these boys are, if we made it this far in this World Cup...then tell me you don't see them blowing us away in 2014.



To Germany :

Joachim Loew. You da man.
To take a group of freshies and turn them into world-class stars. You keep doing wtv you're doing, Fuhrer.

Manu Neuer, you are one amazing goalkeeper. Third-choice or not.
You ARE incredible.
And you better believe that.

Phillip Lahm, don't you
dare lose hope now.

Schweini, we call you the Boss for a reason, babe.
Dont you get heartbroken. We still fucking love you.
Do me proud on Sunday.

And to the rest of my boys, we have one game left.
Lets not give up the Golden Boot,
and lets break that world record of Ronaldo's eh?


Nicht die hoffnung aufgeben.
This was not our year.
And we may not have won,
but you boys are. still. heroes.
And you fucking
shone.


Whats another 4 years, when you have such an incredible team to support?




There comes a time, when you love a team so much that it ceases to be just about the football.
I may not have German blood, but I have their pride.




Don't you boys ever get heartbroken, because you were fucking
awesome.






On another note, I'm going Oranje this Monday morning.
Lets see if Spain prove me wrong again, or if the Gods of Football finally decide to mete out justice.


~vid~


P.S. To anyone who has anything to say about my reaction after the Argentina game...I did not blast the team, I blasted Maradona for talking shit about Germany and getting it all thrown back in his face.
So stfu.

2 comments:

  1. I gotta say that Spain deserved that win. Ya they kept possession and the game was slow but that is Spain's playstyle its graceful and tactically played out.. With their signature one touch passes.. they can walk through defenses because of those triangles they make.. Actually its beautiful to see them play cus they play so well together as a team. And the goal they scored.. Come on you gotta give em credit for that.. That wasnt 60% luck :P That was a well placed header and the guy was wide open with no one covering him so that was a well planned with the cross.. The reason why everyone says that Spain outclassed Germany is cus of their tactics and how well they worked together as a team. Not cus they were a crushing force of awesomeness :P Both the finalists are 2 teams who have great teamwork and thats the sole reason they are the finalists.. The Worldcup is about teamwork.. Not star players..
    Btw I know you must be having a nervous breakdown now.. Uruguay scored their 2nd goal now :O And now its level again with Germany's 2nd goal.

    P.S. I'm a Portugal fan (Not cus of Ronaldo, but cus of their old Captain Luis Figo) so dont think i'm a Spain fan.. But even watching the Portugal Vs. Spain Match I saw that Spain really outclassed Portugal simply from their tactical plays.. It was beautiful to watch them get past the defense with the great passing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL.
    I just had this same argument with someone on facebook. Could copy paste my side of it here...but lazy.

    K, so anyway, my point is Spain dont work as a team. Xavi and Iniesta are a good partnership, Capedevilla and Villa have a good partnership. Ramos makes excellent runs on the right wing without any follow up. Torres is just lost. Pedro made a glaring mistake that night because he wanted to go for personal glory.
    They play excellent possession football, but despite (or maybe because of) their having so many stars, they dont have much teamwork.
    If they had really played as a team, Germany would have been goners that night.
    Im assuming the tactic Joachim used was to play at Spains pace, but our players are nowhere near exposed or experienced enough to do it properly and to beat Spain at that.

    Spain was definitely the better team that night. Now that all my emotions have blown over, I'll accept they definitely were the better team that night.

    I did support Spain all through this tournament (until the semis, of course :p) but they don't play the same brand of football that the other big countries play.
    Talking about possession football, Argentina and Brazil are also excellent at that...but they play possession with offense, rather than just possession in midfield that frustrates the opponents.

    Against Portugal though, I do think they shut down the Portugal offense quite well (the same way they did with Germany that night), but after that second goal? The way the were just playing keep ball...any other world class team would have tried to score another goal...why not? They were already winning?
    But Spain dont do that.
    They dont go all out to up the tally on the scoresheets. They just win. If you allowed them to win on half a goal they would.

    I like Spain, I like their players.
    But I think it was a shame that Portugal lost to them.
    And I think its a shame that because of the loss against Spain, Germany is being slammed by the media. That affected their own spirit and confidence..and I think it as evident during todays game.

    We were rubbish against Uruguay. I think we probably held up better against the Spanish.
    Today was just extremely messy defending, lack of finishing on offense. Credit to Uruguay, they put together a very good side today. Forlan's last freekick should have been a goal. Its a shame it hit the crossbar.

    Today, you could say we didnt play well because 4 of our key players were out.
    But I think its mostly that our reserves havent been trained as well. The goalkeeper was hopeless. (yeah he made one or two good saves, but hes got nothing on Neuer...funny considering Butt is second choice)
    And also the lack of that go get'em spirit that Ive seen in the German side throughout this tournament.
    They were broken after the Spain game, and it was just worsened by the media.


    I think Spain is an excellent team, but I feel it would be a shame for them to lift this cup.
    They dont play the same kind of football the previous champions did in the last world cups.


    LOOOOONG COMMENT. LOL.

    ReplyDelete