Thursday 30 December 2010

Church? There's no church there...do you see a school?


Who wants to read about the time I got lost in Seremban town trying to find Old Town!?


Come come, I tell you story.

So today, around 8pm, Mhirah and I decided to go out somewhere and study,
because studying at home just wasn't doing it for us.
Our initial plan was to go to Jusco,
but we ended up deciding to go to Old Town White Coffee (that Kopitiam place) in town.

Now the problem was, neither of us knew the way.
We knew it was at Terminal 2 la. But where exactly Terminal 2 was...therein lay the major problem.

We decided we were pro enough to find it on our own la anyway.



So we turned in to Terminal 1,
and then we ended up on some small, one lane, winding road that went past a church,
and we were like.
holy shit. (no pun intended) we're lost. :O




So Mhirah tried calling a friend, and one of them answered,
and we told him our predicament,
and then he told us a few directions,
that put us right back on the road we were on earlier.
And we followed his directions.
And we ended up on the church road. again.

And he's like "okay. where are you guys now? what do you see?"

And we're like "There's a church on our right, and Terminal 1 on the left"

And he's like "A church? A church? Huh. There's no church there. Do you see a school though?"

And we're like "...........no?"

And he's like "uh-oh. Okay, turn right..."
then a few more directions later, and we're yet again on the same freaking road la okay.


And then we're like "We see the church again. Its on our right. Are we supposed to see a church?"

And he's like "What church? Can you U-turn?"

And there really is no place AT ALL to U-turn la okay, so I turn into this junction, and then I do a couple of stunts (3-point turn) and get honked at alot,
and then we're going back to the middle of town,

where he gives us a few more directions.

And at this one point I'm like. "Can I pull up and then you give me all the directions and then I try to figure it out?"
Because I'm pretty much cutting in everywhere and getting in everyone's way cos I'm confused as hell right.

But anyway, he stays on the line,

and we follow his directions one last time,

AND WE END UP AT THE CHURCH ROAD AGAIN.



And I'm like. "okay. whoa. STOP. What are we supposed to see?!"

And then he's like "Okay, so Terminal 1 is on your left..."

Me : Yep

Him : Then on your right there should be a church and a school.

Me : Church?

Him : Yes a church and a school.

Me : Church.

Him : Yes. And a school.

Mhirah : OHMYGOD. WE'VE BEEN ON THIS ROAD 4 TIMES ALREADY. HOW MANY TIMES DID WE ASK YOU ABOUT THE CHURCH!




...

yep.

(ofc the conversation wasn't exactly verbatim la okay)


But to be fair though, hes a really nice guy,
staying on the line throughout the whole fiasco,
and offering to call Mhirah back so she doesn't waste credit (aw-worthy kan? pity he's attached)

His nice-ness kind of compensates for the fact that he can't give directions at all la kan.


And we had to pass a cemetery.
woooo.
And we ended up in Halloweentown.



No I'm kidding.

But we really did pass a cemetery. Tepi jalan summore. Creepy. :p




And that concludes tonight's adventure!

woohoo!



I need sleep omg I didn't sleep at all last night I swear to God this insomnia will be the death of me.



~vid~

No comments:

Post a Comment