Saturday 11 December 2010

Of cancers and intestines.



Guess who actually touched a tumour AND an intestine yesterday?

THIS GIRL RIGHT HERE.
(yours truly)









The colon looked like a huge sausage and kept slipping,
and the tumour just looked ..
odd.
And felt gritty.
And I SAW A TAENIA COLI. ONE OF IT. The other two were covered by fat.

yep.


I think they left a stoma bag (hopefully) for the patient though.
Not sure if they kept the abdomen open, I wasn't watching the operation, was watching another one at the time. :/
I hope they closed it up and just left the bag,
I'm quite fond of the uncle, I would hate to have to see him suffer with an open abdomen.


And another one of my patients is getting discharged soon!
Esophageal carcinoma....he's getting alot better.
I am so happy.
Nothing beats the feeling you get when your patient tells you he's happy and he's getting better and that he can finally eat properly.










Pretty productive day yesterday.


Athough I was late in the morning.
And ran
right into Dato Kanda on his way out of the ward.
And then I spent half a morning feeling incredibly guilty, and then I went to see him to apologise, and he just
laughed.
at me.
HE
LAUGHED AT ME.
psh.

But at least he wasn't mad.
or disappointed.

I would take mad over disappointed though.

I wouldn't ever want someone I adore so much to ever be disappointed with me.

I swear he's just so
adorable.
The kind of adorable you just want to squeeeeeze all the adorable comes out.

blogger-emoticon.blogspot.com



yep.
I think he might kill me if he ever hears me describe him that way.
o.o




~vid~

No comments:

Post a Comment