Friday 17 December 2010

Nightmare

Oh! I almost forgot!

I had the weirdest dream ever yesterday!


It started off with me being dressed in my old school prefect t-shirt.
This old, faded, black one with a collar. And my brown shorts.
And then I met Zia, and she was dressed in the exact same thing.

And we exchanged niceties.

And then out of the blue we suddenly remembered that we each had presentations to do that day!
With Dato' Kew, no less.

So we rushed... in our (my) pyjamas,
and we ended up in one of the PBL rooms, and everyone was already there.

And then we were just apologizing profusely and all that, and Dato' Kew was all cynical and whatever, and she just asked us to sit down,
and waved for the presentations to continue.

And then Zia remembered that her presentation was only tomorrow, so she was all relaxed.

But mine was today!

And as I was freaking out about it, Dato' Kew goes like
"Well, Vidya, I hope you're prepared. You're up next"

And I'm like shiiiiiit.

So I try telling Dato' Kew that since I'm in my pyjamas and all, which is decidedly unprofessional attire (not to mention I haven't prepared shit for my presentation)
and she just gives me this really cold look and doesn't bother to answer.

So I walk up to the front, and by this point I'm flat out panicking right,
and then Sufi (who is manning (?) the laptop btw) starts my powerpoint,

and I just stand there awkwardly, in my pyjamas, mind you,
and then I start talking,
and it was some physics presentation,
but I couldn't for the life of me remember what my presentation was about.
so I stopped.
And then I had to keep referring to the slides,
and stop,
and I made such a complete fool out of myself.

And Dato' Kew was just shaking her head and being disappointed.
And I felt like a complete failure.

And then I woke up.


It was a horrible dream

Must've been the disappointments of yesterday weighing down on my conscience.

What a wake up call, eh?

Oh well.
What's done is done.



~vid~

No comments:

Post a Comment