Sunday 2 October 2011

Birthday Wishlist



Another thing I hate...

(since I'm in angsty-teen mode today)

...is people asking me what I want for my birthday.

Makes me a huge hypocrite to be honest, because when someone else's birthday comes around,
first question I ask is "eh what you want for your birthday ah?"
Easier to ask people what they want, so that you don't go too far off target when planning to get a present.

But the reason I hate it when people ask me what I want, is because,
honestly,
I don't know what I want that I haven't already got.

Either that, or I'd be wanting something ridiculously expensive that I cannot possibly tell someone to buy for me,
simply because it would be too ridiculous a request to make (like the time I wanted Shahid for my birthday).
Or because its something I want to buy for myself.

I like giving myself presents.

Its very rewarding.

*ahem*



But anyway,
since I'm really bored,
and since my cousin brought this up,
(also I still haven't started on those learning issues!)



Let me present my Birthday Wishlist.


Starting off with practical things that I want.
(but not necessarily want someone to buy for me)



1. A Song of Ice and Fire - A Game of Thrones.




I still can't decide whether I want the book with Sean Bean on the cover, or whether I want the original cover.
It would be so freaking awesome to have Sean Bean, but what if I really like the books, and I want to buy the next few books, and they still have the original covers, because the other seasons haven't come out yet, and then my first book would stand out so horribly against the other books because the cover art wasn't the same (I have OCDs with book cover arts being cohesive also ok).
Original cover it is.
But but but...Sean Bean! sigh.





2. A T-Shirt with the Winterfell sigil.




I don't care that I'm supposed to be in Targaeryn, I'm still a Stark at heart ok.
(no, if you don't watch Game of Thrones and/or stalk me obsessively on facebook, you're not going to get this)




3. The Man United away kit for this season.



LOOK AT IT. LOOK. HOW COULD I NOT WANT THIS IN MY WARDROBE.
I want a Giggsy one. GIGGS 11.
How freaking awesome would that be?




4. Boots.



My old ones (which I've had since Form 1) fell apart sometime last year, and everyone refuses to buy me new boots.
Its not like I have enough funds to go buy myself a pair (all the ones I like are horribly expensive and I refuse to walk around in cheap boots that I don't like).




5. A big squishy teddy bear.



So I can bury my head in it and hug it and sleep on it when I'm sick of dealing with people and need to hug something to make myself feel better.




6. A DVD Box Set of the last 3 Star Wars movies.



I have the first three, also in a Box Set, but never quite got around to buying the second Box Set of the last three movies - A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, and The Return of The Jedi.
Shame, though.
The Return of The Jedi is by far my favourite of the six.



Can't think of anything else very practical, so..





7. A Lamborghini.



Self-explanatory, this one.




8. A Ned Stark.



Yeah, you need to watch Game of Thrones to get this one, too.





9. Longclaw, or Ice.




(those are the names of the swords)
It would just be insanely cool to own swords okay.
Don't deny it.




10. (just to round it up)

...I can't think of anything. :O

- end of wishlist-







No, but really,
all I want is for my parents to repair my watch.
Think I wrote about it couple of weeks back...I need to get the motor/engine/wtvitscalled repaired, and that might cost quite a bit.
I don't actually care if I get nothing else for my birthday, I just want that watch repaired.
Its old and its not much to look at, but I've had it since forever, and I love it and I want it back.
I'm big on sentimental value.

I don't really want anything else for my birthday.

I'd rather the birthday didn't come, to be honest.

:/




~vid~

No comments:

Post a Comment