Wednesday 28 December 2011

Heartache


Remember how my laptop crashed some time back, and the guy took forever to fix it,
only to return it with everything saved under "Recovered File"?

I've been putting off going through my laptop and my external hard drives because...well, I've been awfully lazy.
Went through them today,
and discovered that most of the "recovered file"s cannot be opened.
They're just.
random.
blank.
things.

And so I went through my hard drives,

and I was so sure that I'd backed up my stuff quite recently...

...but I hadn't.
Well, apparently I hadn't.

I think I'd been backing up everything in my C drive to my D drive in case of a virus,
because they usually reformat just the C drive or something right?
and then they can backup from the D drive.
or something.
Well, that's how they did it for me before.

I was actually going through it today to see if my movies were still there,

(and of course they aren't)
(including my Season 1 of Game of Thrones and my season 6 of HIMYM)
But those I'm not too fussed over, I mean I can just download everything again.
No big deal.


What hurts more,
and this really hurts, mind you,
is that I've lost alot of my case reports and case summaries.
Actually I think I've lost all of them.
And all the ppt presentations,
and ugh.
Quite alot of uni stuff.

Imagine having to start case reports from scratch again next sem. :/


And along with my uni documents,
alot of my personal writing has disappeared too.
I mean, its not like they were anything great...but quite alot of time went into those random snippets.
And they're just.
well.
gone.

I suppose it serves me right for not being meticulous enough to backup my laptop every so often,
especially since my laptop had been threatening to crash for quite sometime already.

Still upsetting though.

I'm going to go wallow in self-pity for the rest of the night.
Not even Ali Zafar's angel voice can lift me out of this funk right now.
:(

I keep hoping all my documents will miraculously appear from somewhere.


sigh.




~vid~

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! Now that sucks! Just recently lost 85gb of data to my exboyfriend. That hurt too, but I can report, it'll pass. :-)
    Hope, some files will turn up from somewhere. Maybe there has been some mistake and then there will be a solution. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah. 85gb is ALOT :O Poor you! :((
    In my case its completely my fault though, I should've had a backup. heh.
    I'll get over it, I guess. I'll just pretend I'm using a new laptop or something lol.
    *hugs back* <3

    ReplyDelete