Thursday 29 December 2011

TWIG : Pre-trip



AAAAAAAAAAAAH.


Hello.
:D

So its like 6pm here, and I've just spent the whole day sleeping.
Literally.
Like I woke up at 12, ate lunch, repacked everything until I was happy with it,
(STILL 24kg though. That's insane. Thank God I'm only in excess of 1kg, hopefully they'll waive it off)
and then I didn't know what to do with myself so I dozed off til now.

lol.

I don't know how I'm going to sleep on the flight later.
Oh well, just watch movies until I doze off then or something.


Got alot of phone calls today morning from my aunts/uncles all wired up to give me pep talks.
Like don't be nervous,
be brave,
God is always with you,
etc. etc.

Guess that kinda put things into perspective for me.

I'm not going to war.
I'm just going to go to a different country for a semi-holiday.
-_-

I've been making a mountain out of a molehill for no reason whatsoever,
but oh well,
whats life without a little drama eh?
And I have dramaticism in spades. ;)


So yep,
I guess I will blog when I'm in Amsterdam.
via tablet,
although I'd probably type it all out first and then log on to the Internet and copy paste the whole thing into blogger,
because apparently
Schipol offers free wifi for one hour.

ONE hour.

I'm going to be there for FOUR.

-_-

So here's the plan,
get off the plane, find my gate,
freshen up or wtv (I'm hoping all that will shave off at least half an hour from my transit time), and then go find a nice comfy place to sit and type another blog post about my amazing experience sitting in a cramped position for 13 hours because I'm too much of a self-conscious prat to get up and walk around except to the bathroom,
and then I'd pull out my 'Have A Little Faith' by Mitch Albom and read it til they call for boarding.

Or, in worst case scenario that I've used up my one hour free wifi and I really don't fancy reading,
I'll pull out my laptop and use that for another one hour instead.

Yesh.
Good plan.



Everything's pretty much done,
except for putting this laptop in my bag and locking everything up.

Still not too happy about how I have to wear my nerd specs on the plane because 13 hours is far too long to have your contacts in,
plus I'm planning on sleeping at some point during the flight,
so leaving them in is a no-no.
Especially now since I've done ophthalmo already and the consultants have had their fun scaring me about all the infections/complications related to contact lens wear.
-_-



Oh, and the boy is apparently staying in his friend's house.
Not MY friend's house.
I suppose that makes it easier for everybody,
but his friend's house is about half an hour away from where I'll be staying, so I guess we'd have to work something out in terms of how we meet up for uni.

Yan Qi was telling me the rough schedules for the cardio posting yesterday..

Tutorials, wards, clinics, surgical theatre..

I was okay with the tutorials part,
God knows I need ALOT of help with cardio (I hate it, its rubbish)

But omg, just hearing "wards, clinics, OT"...I wanted to vomit.
ugh.
yuck.
It's like a legit physical reaction to hearing parts of the hospital mentioned.

I've only been away from the medical field for 6 days,
its far too soon to start even thinking about wards and clinics again.
:(
Oh well.
I'll just have to keep a countdown of how many days I'll have to be there.

14 days as it is.

14 days is survivable, right?
:/




Alright,
its 6.15 now and I really have to go take a shower and then get ready to flyyyyy.
We're leaving for the airport at 8pm,
flight is at 11.40pm (have I mentioned this already?)

So unless I'm lost,
I'm too lazy,
something unthinkable happens,

the next post will be from Amsterdam!


yaaay!



Oh, and also I've decided I'm going to chronicle my entire trip as Three Weeks in Galway,
hence T W I G as the title of this post.


AAAAAAAND I've decided I'm going to make a scrapbook as well :D

I've been wanting to make a scrapbook for awhile,
but I just never had anything to make it on,
and its ridiculous to make a scrapbook for no reason at all.
(Actually it isn't, but yeah)

Which reminds me, I have to go save all my checklists from being unceremoniously dumped into the wastepaper basket so that I can paste them all in my scrapbook.

Should be fun.

Although I'll probably only start it when I get back to M'sia.
Don't fancy carrying more stationery halfway around the world :p


Not sure if I'll print blog posts and paste them in the scrapbook too.
Bit ridiculous to,
but it'd beat writing it all out again.
And then ten years from now I can pick up the scrapbook and laugh at how much I drama-ed about having to travel alone.



Damn. okay. I need to shower now.
Buh-byeeeee!


Pray I land safely and I don't get lost and it doesn't rain in Ireland!

(even if you're reading this after I've already landed, you can still pray ok. I'm sure God can see into the future and sense your good intentions and give me extra luck on your behalf as well.
K?
K. Thanksloveyoubye!)







~vid~

6 comments:

  1. its only 14 weeks! u cn do it vidyaaaaa! :DDD
    have a safe flight. guess when u read this, u've safely landed in amsterdam! hehehe..sit quietly at one corner n dont be naughty there k :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I'll pray for you! :-)
    Everything will be alright... you'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beesya : 14 days, my dear! Hahahaha kalau 14 weeks aku mati kott x_x I am in Amsterdam, sitting quietly and blogging lol. Nothing naughty to do in the airport hehe. Now, on the other hand, if they'd let me out of the airporttt... *winkwink*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle : Thank you, love! I've been having fun so far, and m confidence level is pretty high right now hehe *touchwood* <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. EHHH!!! omg i typed 14 weeks LOLOLS!!!!!! HAHAHAHA!!! my bad my bad!
    uhuh..u cn always jalan2 outside the airport kan? or they wont let u?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha. Nope, transit kat dalam airport je :)

    ReplyDelete