Friday 30 December 2011

TWIG : Amsterdam!


Hello from Amsterdaaaaam!

Made it here in one piece. Hah!
So its currently around 6.35am here, and my flight is at 9.30am, so that gives me around 3 hours of nothing to do.
I'm sitting outside my gate because I really don't know where else to go, and I'm not hungry/thirsty so I'd rather not go sit in a coffee shop and waste money :/
So here I am, blogging!
Typing this out on Word first, because Schipol only allows free wifi for an hour, so I'd rather not connect to the Internet first..

And now I can hear someone whistling Tujhe Dekha in the airport, which is decidedly odd because I don't see any Asians around.
:O
Bollywood has infiltrated the West!
I mean, of course it did, quite some time ago, but wtv.

Everyone here is sitting around wearing their winter coats and all...and mine is just thrown over my arm because it really is hot here.
If I was wearing my coat right now I'd suffocate.
Getting alot of weird stares because I'm the only one not wearing mine.
Or maybe I'm getting stared at because I'm the only Asian person here.
Hm.

Anywaaaay,
I have alot to write about, so I'd best go in chronological order so I don't miss anything out.

Right,
So back at KLIA, we discovered they'd changed the aircraft to a smaller one, and so instead of being in row 15, I ended up in row 32.
Which was sort of okay, because I still had a window seat,
and the toilet (they call it lavaratory, wheeee! Haven't heard that word used in forever!) was just a row in front,
but I was sitting right behind the wing...
...not at all condusive when you're trying to watch an in-flight movie.
Turned the volume up pretty loud and yet still had to strain to hear what they were saying over the sound of the engines.

AND OMG WHY DO I ALWAYS GET STUCK BEHIND ABSOLUTE IMBECILES WHO RECLINE THEIR SEAT SO FAR BACK THEY'RE PRACTICALLY SLEEPING ON YOU?!
UGH.
Was hell trying to squeeze out from there to get to the toilet, plus my seatmate had 1467435544 things under her seat so I had to stumble all over that too -.-
I think I might have pulled too hard on the headrests of the seats in front while trying to maintain my balance.
Was kinda tempted to apologize, actually.
Like "I am SO sorry I'm bothering you, but I really have no choice because YOU'RE RECLINING YOUR SEAT TOO FUCKING FAR BACK, ASSHOLE!"

Oh.
See I've gotten ahead of myself here.
Okay, rewind back to the airporttt...

Alright, so back at KLIA, while I was waiting for them to open the gates to allow us to board the plane,
this random white dude in his 50's (? I think) decided to squeeze into a seat berween me and another lady,
and there really wasn't enough place for him, he was practically sitting on me!
And after a few awkward moments during which I was busying myself on twitter,
he decides to start talking to me...
...
...
...and doesn't stop!
Seriously, he talked about everything from his business deals in Malaysia, to how this time he was just accompanying his wife (a KLM stewardess) on holiday, to how he's not a huge fan of Ireland, to the Malaysian quota system...
(our quota system is an excellent topic for conversation btw)
He also slipped in ALOT of inappropriate but hilarious racist comments about everybody...the Dutch, the Irish, us Malaysians...and he was awfully loud about it too.
Spent about half an hour just listening to him. Was honestly rather fun though.
Oh and since his wife worked on the flight, halfway through the flight, circa 3am, she came over to confirm that I was the girl talking to her husband earlier,
told me to call her if I needed anything at all, and gave me a free toiletry bag (the ones they hand out in business class), compliments of KLM. :D
Its not much, but it was kinda sweet :)

I was actually kind of hoping there'd be someone at least half as chatty as him next to me on the flight,
but.
:(
There were two girls next to me, one Dutch, one Chinese, both of whom promptly pulled out storybooks and began to read as soon as they'd sat down.
Like.
Uhm.
Okay.
So I spent the whole flight alternating between movies, music and sleeping.
Watched Crazy, Stupid Love first, because I've been meaning to watch that since foreverrr,
and then dozed off for a bit. Maybe 2 hours. They had hindi music on the plane (Y) so I made a "playlist" of songs fron Jhootha Hi Sahi and Dabangg, and fell asleep to Sonu Nigam crooning in my ear.
Was kinda hoping for Mere Brother Ki Dulhan songs though, but that would've been just too good to be true.
Oh, and they served dinner. Which was awesome because I'd been starving within ten minutes of boarding the flight. O.o
Got up after a while and then decided to watch Source Code.
Didn't like the ending, they should've just ended the story with everyone dead.
But yeah, anyway,
tried to doze off again, unsuccessfully,
then gave up and debated on whether to watch Thor (hadn't watched that before), Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara (they actually had ZNMD asjfgfhfkkhgh), or You've Got Mail (because it's one of my fav movies)
Settled on Thor.
Josh Dallas was adorableeeee with that beard and all! Eventhough his role wasn't much.
And who was that acting as Loki? Looked an awful lot like Jared Leto. And I preferred him to Thor :)
Thor was annoying.

Okay, then we finally landed!
Was so tempted to say I'd finally landed on European soil! but I guess it doesn't count because I'm just sitting in the airport,
not actually stepping out into Amsterdam. :/
Changed my watch time to local time, and was planning on leaving my phone on Malaysian time,
but my phone had other ideas and decided to automatically switch instead -.-

My departure gate is on the other end of the airport from my arrival gate,
took me 20 mins of brisk walking to get here wt
Thankfully, since its so far at the end, the toilets were deserted, so I could take my own sweet time cleaning my teeth and brushing my hair and putting my contacts in.
Just for the added self-confidence ;)
Breakfast was also served on the plane, so I don't have to worry about that either.

And omg its taken me a whole hour to type out this post, so I'm going to shut up now.
Pray I can copy paste this into Blogger or you lot will only be reading this post 7 hours later. :/


:D


~vid~

4 comments:

  1. See, it went fine so far!
    Me had a little travel down to south Germany in the meantime. It wasn't as nice as yours, let me tell you that! *nods wisely*
    Will read the next post this evening and mail you later!
    Ah, and
    WELCOME TO EUROPE! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh idk if I'll be able to catch up on all of your adventure right away but I watched Thor yesterday too! That's actually kinda weird xD. I loved it. Even though it was predictable (two sons, only one can be king, duh the other will be evil. I even considered that the frost giant might have a son but didn't know how it would play in. but there he was xD.) And I really liked Chris Hemsworth, hehe.

    Anyway, TOLD YOU you would do wonderfully as far as getting there and do your best to meet some cute Irish boys so I can read about them =D.

    <3 Paige

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle : hehe thank youuuu! I'm actually feeling both rather proud of myself for making it this far AND slightly sheepish for going to so much drama over something so simple :p
    Hope you have a good time in South Germany! Why are you there by the way?
    :)) <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paige : woah. haha. Telepathy! I really liked Loki though, he was so pretty! :p Chris Hemsworth was good in his role though.
    Oh, and I hope I do meet some cute boys. haha. Would make life here more fun! Pray that I do :p <3

    ReplyDelete