Saturday 18 June 2011

Hunger




So I watched Hunger today.

Because Fassy's in it. I'm one of those weird people okay; when I like an actor I have to go watch everything they've ever acted in.

Starting with Hunger.



I swear, Irish people don't speak English. Its
IMPOSSIBLE to understand anything they're saying!
Thankfully the version I watched had subtitles.




The movie was..

well.

It was one of those artsy movies,

the ones that don't quite have a beginning,
and don't quite have an end,
and there's only dialogue for about ten minutes in the whole movie, and the rest is just squishy sounds and long, drawn out scenes of people smoking, or mopping floors, or just lying in bed and staring at the ceiling.

And there was alot of nakedness.

I saw Fassy's penis.
But of course being the calm, collected medical student that I am, I totally did not have a mini freak out session that sounded like "omg Fassy why you showing your penis on tv what is wrong with you Fassy omg lemme get you a blanket"
I mean. Of course not.
Totally.

He was miserably thin in the movie though.

Most of the time I was just "omg Fassy why you do this to yourself come here come to me let me feed you and care for you you poor poor thing"



I should probably touch on the synopsis a bit now.
It was more of chronicling the war between the IRA and the British,
and Bobby Sands' (a revolutionary) hunger strike to get the British government to give in to the demands of the Irish prisoners.



So yes, the ending left me sad.

I suppose it would have had a bigger impact on me had I been Irish, or even living in Ireland.
But.
I'll admit it was a powerful movie.


One that I definitely will not be watching again.




Next on my list of Fassbender movies to watch : Fish Tank.

In which he plays a paedophile who sleeps around. uhm.
well. You can't accuse him of playing stereotyped roles, eh?




~vid~


2 comments: