Friday 3 June 2011

Of broken contact lenses.


So my contact lens tore/broke? in half today.

While it was still in my eye.

During Child Psych clinic this morning.



I honestly believe the number of mishaps I encounter in daily life would be enough to form a sitcom series that would run for quite a few seasons.



Anywayyy,
I didn't know it tore at first, but there was alot of irritation, and then my eye started smarting and I figured there was something seriously wrong,
so without Dr Rajan or anyone else noticing,
I sneakily pulled out the lens,
only to see that only part of it was there.

Cue panic.

Then rushed to the toilet, and checked my eye thoroughly...it was the public toilet, I must've confused all those poor patients who were waiting to relieve themselves.

I suppose the other bit must've fallen out of my eye at some point before I pulled out the lens, because I couldn't find it, and the smarting in my eye had stopped.


But I looked a real sight.
With one normal eye and one red, swollen eye.
-_O

yep.


Left in my other lens though or I'd have been completely blind and would have walked into absolutely everything.

The only problem with having one lens on and one off is that it messes with your depth perception.
I almost walked into absolutely everything anyway because I completely couldn't judge how far away things were.

Thankfully I know I'm a klutz and so I keep my specs in the car so I could change.

I suppose thats why they tell you you can't keep your nails long and sharp when you're wearing contacts, eh?



Might lay off the contacts til Saturday at least.


..or not.


I'm vain. Not particularly partial to wearing my dorky specs in public unless I absolutely have to.




On another random note,
I suddenly have the urge to watch that old Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen movie...the one where their dad meets some woman and they don't like her and her son, and so they try to break them up...
..hold on lemme google.


.
.
.
..OH YEAH. It's called Billboard Dad!

...to watch or not to watch?

I know I loved the movie and watched 12039203458 times as a kid, but I'm not sure I'd appreciate it the same way now.

hmm.




~vid~

No comments:

Post a Comment