Monday 3 December 2007

Long Post (i think)

ive been itching to post lately. but ive been stopping myself each time, cos jea mie finally posted, and i didnt want to push down her post so fast.
BUT the blog looks so dead!! i mean, seriously, even the TAGBOX hasnt moved. wat rubbish. did everyone die ar?


yeah, so anyway, what i really couldn't not post about was the book i just finished reading : P.S. I Love You by Cecilia Ahern.
its the 2nd book i read this year, the first being
For One More Day by Mitch Albom.
me, the sef-proclaimed and well-known book junkie. I read TWO books only this year. what rubbish! (im gonna be using this phrase a lot, bear with me XD) i blame it on the stress and hectic-ity of SAM.

but i digress.
ive been dying to read P.S. I Love You ever since i watched the trailer for the movie on nab's blog. and so, i very conveniently remembered that my brother owed me a bday present, and made him but the book for me. (I loooooves the book. plus i have gerard butler's face on my front cover. ^^) i also happen to be very broke, so i coudnt buy it myself earlier. i wanted to buy Snakehead, the one by Anthony Horowitz, but it was 54.90 and i was only in possession of 30 bux, and my brother only agreed to buy me one book. damn sad-case. i was telling lesley about it, and we decided (actually i decided, and she didnt tell me it was a stupid idea, so..) that i should put up a notice saying :
RICH BOYFRIEND WANTED
at least then i could spend as much money as i wanted without feeling guilty that i was wasting my own family's savings.


kay, but *grrr* i'm supposed to be writing about the book.
call me distracted. i think i have to be the most distracted, cant-keep-her-mind-on-one-thing person on the planet.
damn, BOOK. *takes deep breath* kay, focus, book book book.
heh. kay, so here i go.
P.S. I Love You.
i'm pretty sure u all know the story, and if you don't then i'm not going to spoil it for you.
(GO READ IT. ITS A VERY NICE BOOK)
it's about this girl who loses her husband, and how she copes with life after that. He leaves her messages to be opened after he dies, to 'guide her into her new life without him'. (this much is on the back of the book, so it's not a spoiler XD)
but what i like most about the book is that its not this depressingly sad story where you just feel sorry for the girl and sit and cry throughout.
i mean, you'd definitely be rooting for Holly (that's her name, nice name isn't it? i like it) throughout the book, but there are times you just feel like knocking some sense into her and telling her to go get on with life. and there are some laugh-out-loud moments in the book where you end up laughing along with the characters.
my point is, the book makes you laugh. its a sad story, no doubt, but its the kind of book that tells you everything is going to be okay, and eventhough there may not be any happy endings, life still goes on, and you have to survive because that's all you can do when the going gets tough.
(am i making sense? i hope i am. if im not, go reread what i wrote till you make sense of it)
and the best part is the characters are really human. i mean, they seem real. theyre dumb, theyre adorable, theyre annoying, they dont knw everything, they dont all live perfect lives, and theyre relatable-to.
the idiots may become a little less idiotic, but at the end of the book, theyre still at least 3/4 idiots. that makes sense, la rite? people dont change that fast.
aiyo, go read the book lah, then you'll knw what i'm talking about. its so hard to write about it without giving the plot away. ish.
but yeah, its a good read. and its WAY better than those dumb, super-feel-good chick-lit rubbish they come up with nowadays.


OH and i got a phone call from some guy called JK from celebrity fitness.
suh ming!! is this the guy you were talking about on your blog???! i had to ask him for his name again just to make sure he really said JK. :p
anyway, he was telling me that the best way to lose weight was through dance, and that celeb fitness organized dance lessons. the only problem is that its in 1u, but i think my mum wouldnt mind sending me as i wudnt just be lepaking .
yes so, my point is, anyone interested in taking dance lessons with me?? XD


and i do believe its a lot better to have a genius for an older brother than to have a genius for a younger brother. imagine having a younger brat being smarter than you. water face sure jatuh. then you'd have to walk around with a bucket attached to ur neck.
ignore that. i was just being random.
and my mum is the only one in my family who is of the opinion that i can wear a ring on my thumb and still be perfectly normal.
everyone else thinks im weird. wat rubbish. their problem rite, i wan wear ring on which finger?
ish.


OMG MY COUSIN IS GETING MARRIED!
why is everyone leaving me and going?? :(
and my cousin was being an absolute ass the other day. he was emo-ing abt the fact that sometime next year i was gonna leave the house and go live somewhere and quit possibly not come back during school holidays anymore. i was damn annoyed with him for rubbing it in.
but come to think of it, i feel sorry for my family (immediate AND extended). its gonna be sooooo quiet without me around. they'd die of boredom.


XD
~vid~