Sunday 30 December 2007

Resolutions! and then some..

First things first :
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!

kay, so before i really start on my resolutions, lemme just get a few things out of the way. i wanted to write all this yest and the day before, but didnt have the time.

ONE
to all other bloggers out there (esp Midge, Suh Ming, Lesley, Sam, Bay) :
UPDATE!!
so i have smthng to read at least.
before i die of absolute boredom.
which will happen very soon.
so save me.
pweeeeeeeaaaaaasssssseeeeeeee??
my fate is in your hands.


TWO
sometime on sunday, i discovered that i no longer own even a single pair of flats.
not even one.
the only thing remotely flat is my driving shoes, but my mom wont let me use that for gardening, cos its got ribbons n stuff all over it.
which is how i ended up doing gardening in 3-inch heels. OW!
whats really painful is trying to get up after squatting down in heels. and it also sucks that i had to carry pots n dig up stuff and everything with inch-long nails.
bluek.
just for the record, i DO NOT like gardening. i think its incrediblty disgusting and messy and dirty and wet.
i do not however have anything against other people gardening.
go ahead! greenify our planet!! just dont include me in that noble cause!

THREE
SAM is starting on thursday.
I think school starts then, too, doesnt it?
cos my nephew is starting std1 this year. and guess what? govt schools dont give std 1 kids homework for the first 3 months!! at least his school doesnt!
WAT RUBBISH.
i started learning english grammar on my very firstest first day of school!
buttttttt, that maybe cos i went to a private school..i think. i mean, i think it was private.
but anyway, our kebangsaan school system is really beginning to suck, huh?
kay, so back to SAM starting on thursday also, i have to now go and stick make-shift price tags on all the books that i wanna sell.
i am still undecided on whether or not to sell my graphic calculator.
im not emotionally attached to it. in fact, i dont really care whether its there or not. its just that i have like 10 hundred thousand stickers on it. and i doubt anyone would want to buy a graphic calculator which is covered in pooh bears. which means that in order to sell it, i would have to unstickerfy it. which is very lecehfying punye kerja. sigh. and im also wondering if i'll need it next year.
how how how?


FOUR
i went to parade yesterday.
cos my brother wanted to belanja us all lunch, and we had to go to kl for smthng anyway, so we decided we'd eat out.
so..
i messaged the whole world to ask if anyone knew of a good place to eat in kl..
wasted almost all of my credit..
only for us to decide that we'd just come back to subang and eat in parade. -.-"!
kay, but what happened was, in parade, i ran into a couple of people whom i didnt really want to see. which is weird, cos parade isnt the type of place where u run into people you know.
i met moonstaring girl. who was with this huge bunch of friends.
and then she saw me, stopped, stared (honestly! is that all she can do???), and then told her friends something, which indicated that they all turn and stare at me too.
like hello, do i look like some exhibition piece or smthng??
specimen to the maxxx.. god i hope i dont see her again next year. if she ends up in IMU, i'll cry.

FIVE
i broke my nail. one only lah.so i cut it, and considered leaving the other nine ones long.
but then rite, anyone who looks at my nails will obviously realise that i broke my nail. which would showcase my incompetence in taking care of my fingernails.
so i cut them all short.
and then i was so emo. cos i dont like short fingernails. cos my fingers are fat, and when i have long fingernails, my fingers somehow look elongated. which is good.
but now, my fingers are back to looking fat. ugh.
but i spose in a way its good that i cut them all lah. or i'd probably have broken a few more lugging all those retardedly heavy books to taylor's on thursday.
sigh.


kay, so now that ive finished all my grandmother stories, i shall start on my new year resolutions. :)
(which i dont plan to keep. im just doing it for tradition's sake)
1. become a nerd. (i HAVE to, to survive in IMU)
2. save more credit. (yea, rite!)
3. spend less time online. (err..)
4. blog less.
5. make less friends, so that i shall never again be stuck in a situation where someone says hi to me and launches into some grandmother story, and i dont know how to respond, cos i have no idea WHO the person is.
6. be a more responsible child.
(*snorts silently with laughter*)
7. not spend every waking moment glued to my mp3 player. (yes i still use an mp3 player. no ipod. sue me.)

i cant think of anything else. damn this is sad.

my resolutions suck lar.
i dont even get why people need to have them in the first place.
i mean, if you're gonna make resolutions, why wait for new years. why cant u just wake up one morning and say "hey im gonna do this today" or "im gonna accomplish this right here right now".
why do we have to wait for the 1st of each year to come around and go like "THIS YEAR, im gonna do this n this n this.."
i dont see the point.
i dont normally make new resolutions. cos i mean, whats the point in setting out goals for just one year?? isnt it better to set goals for life?
like instead of thinking about what to accomplish for one year, what about thinking of what to accomplish? fullstop.
no time limits. no deadline. no "by 31st december 2008 i must either look like gisele or i must be anorexic".
i cant work with deadlines.
which is why i sucked at SAM.


i also just realised i absolutely suck at keeping in touch with people. i'm the kind of person who tells everybody stuff like :
"hey you better keep in touch, kay! or i'll die of sadness and come stalk you!"
and six months later, i'd probably forget the person existed.
so, err.. peoples, please DO keep in touch with me, even if i dont keep in touch with you (wat am i crapping about now?)..
wait, lemme rephrase.
point is, keep in touch with me la, kay, even if i dont send you a hundred messages each month thru sms or facebook or friendster or watever other retarded mode of communication we might develop in the future.
cos the thing is with me, i always put things off til tomoro, and by the time tomoro comes around, i forget.
kan u all know me?
hehe. so yeah, everybody, keep in touch!
please. ><


~vid~