Friday 8 May 2009

Long post. :D


Yes yes I know I supposed to continue my holiday story.
But when I think about the time it will take to upload all those photos and write captions....aiyoh.
=D
So chill la yeah...
I'll put it up at some point in time.




Right now I'm sort of stressed out about exams.
12 days left.
In which I have 61 lectures to cover.
If I do 6 lectures on one of the days, then I'd have to do 5 lectures a day for the next 11.
WHICH I WILL DIE DOING.
Actually considering I started these calculations a couple of days back...I was averaging at having to do 4 lectures a day...
...BUT.
I'm excellent at the math.
Horrible at the studying.

Gosh.
It's sickening to study anatomy, and physiology, AND histology AND blood supply AND nerve supply all in one go.
I need more time.
AND I NEED SOMETHING EASY TO STUDY IN BETWEEN.
WHO DECIDED MEDICINE DIDNT NEED MATH!?
WHO DECIDED DOCTORS DIDNT NEED CALCULATION PRACTICE!?








argh.
My faci for PBL today was going on about animal experimentation.
God knows why.
I mean yeah la...I'm against cruelty to animals and all...
but I mean at the end of the day
I'm here.
In IMU.
Studying modern medicine.
Which, at some point in time will involve me advocating the use of modern drugs.
WHICH, at some point in time, would have been tested on animals.
I'm not saying I like the concept.

I'm saying...I can't turn around and go like STOP ANIMAL EXPERIMENTATION! ANIMALS HAVE RIGHTS TOO!
...because a few years down the road, prescribing those drugs is going to contribute to my livelihood.

In ethical issues, there's no right or wrong.
There are perspectives. Its about which one you decide to take.

The animal experimentation debate today (during which I was not on aforesaid animals' side, I am ashamed to admit)


made me realise that I do not like what I'm doing.
Made me wish I had stood my ground and said I would do law no matter what.

But it also made me realise.
I'm here.
I'm not studying law, I'm studying medicine.
And no matter how much I sit and throw tantrums about it, no matter how much I rebel and refuse to study...its a path I agreed to take.
Its something I must live with I suppose.
I didnt fight hard enough to study something I loved,
so in a way, I guess this is my sacrifice.
...and now, instead of just passing my way through med-school, I might as well go ahead and be a kick-ass doctor with awesome grades.
Although I think it would be too late to start that this semester.




I am ranting.
Have you noticed?





There was this one senior who used to look my way in sem2...then turn away and smile when I looked back.
lol.
And Potty.
One year later, and he's still doing his nonsense,although very toned down now.
Somehow, its not irritating anymore.
Somehow I'm flattered that there are still people who try to impress me. :)
As weird as this sounds, I'm rather fond of Potty now.
I'm not saying I like him...he's as disgusting as ever, but I'd miss him if he weren't there.
I do, however, miss that senior. ;)




I smile alot now.
Thats one thing that has changed since high-school.
I'm otherwise as mad as ever.
=D




~vid~


No comments:

Post a Comment