Thursday 9 August 2007

Change.

Change.
I don't like it.
Not many people do.
But then again, maybe I'm just speaking for myself.

I got mad at a close friend two days ago.
Started giving him the cold shoulder, minimizing all contact with him.
I didn't know why.
Nor did I want to know.
It just felt good seeing that sad look on his face whenever I ignored him.
Spent the whole of yesterday trying to figure out what was wrong.
And then I realised, I wasn't mad at him.
I was just angry at the change in him.
He was changing into someone so different.
And I was stuck in the past, refusing to accept this change.
I didn't want us to drift apart.
I wanted everything to be like old times.
Of course, I failed to realise that he's still who he is deep inside.
It's just that certain circumstances has forced him to change into someone else, for better or for worse.

I apologised to him today.
And I felt so happy, the big rock in my heart lifted.
I know things will never be the same again, because of the things I've done.
But I shall not worry about it right now.
After all, who knows what the future holds for me.
I guess it's time for me to embrace change.
And be the friend I should've been.


--- JM ---

* So seriously, think before you act, and make sure you don't do anything you'll regret in the future.