Monday 20 August 2007

Exploits of the Weekend

im loved.
ha! proof : i didnt go online for 2 days, and i had to go to the second page of my frenster comments. hehe.
eek. i can be damn pathetic at times.

im also so full of durian and mooncake.
which ive been eating n eating over the weekend.
how to lose weight???!!
grrr..

so on saturday, i went for the shiva family show.
i went expecting to be entertained.
and i wasnt disappointed!! the show was sooo good!!
it was two parts, basically. the first was a storytelling thing. n the second part was to consist of two dances.
the story telling thing, well it wasnt just story telling, they had live music in the background, and they told the story complete with sound effects and songs. (there wouldnt be point in me telling the story now because it was one of the hindu mythologies, and no one here would understand it anyway). and who were the storytellers? four old men. im serious.
and the whole thing was in tamil. but they were so unbelievably funny, and witty, and such good singers, that i was kept completely entertained despite my miserable understanding of the language.
it also helped that one of the old men kept translating all the difficult words into english. (presumably for tamil-illiterate people like me. :P) it added to the humour, tho, for those who understood tamil.
and then the dances. they were mostly very indianised dances. but modernised.
for the first dance, the dancers were small kids, younger than 12. but the were SO synchronised, and looked so professional! n the second dance was by older kids, around our age, and they were as good, if not better. i have honestly never seen more graceful people.
damn, i wanna learn dancing.

anyway, i was sposed to come home after the show, rite?
BUT my wonderful parents decided that since malacca is in the middle of subang jaya and jb (tats where my aunts live), why not go to jb for the weekend instead of coming back home?
-.-"
theyre very good at doing that. just deciding to go places without informing me first. n then telling me last minute.
the way they see it, im not going to say no anyway (not like i have a choice), so why bother telling me before hand, rite?
ish.
so, went to my cousin's house for the weekend. okay lah. it wasnt as bad as im making it out to be. i mean, when all my cousins meet up, we have FUN la. hehe.
we had grand plans to play badminton all. i even took racquet n went.
so then on sunday morning, i was telling my cousin that we play in the evening, after that we all sit n watch watever movie was playing on disney channel (since i dont have disney channel at home). so that got us talking about movies.. and how all of us shud go watch movie.. and one thing led to another.. and we ended up booking tickets for ratatouille at 6.30pm.
so much for playing badminton. haih.
but im not complaining. ratatouille was so good! the rat is SO cute, omg!! and the way he cooks!!
i shall stop here, before i spoil the movie for anyone who hasnt watched tho. for all those who havent watched, GO WATCH!! its so cute!

oh, and i got some tarot-card reading done.
i take back wat i said.
it IS scary. so i asked about my baby cyclops.
and the first time, the answer freaked me out.
so i tried it again. i tried SIX different spreads, and they ALL gave me the same answer.
and the thing is, the tarot card pack, has 70 over cards, and each spread i tried, i got different cards. and i even read thru the book to make sure all the cards didnt say the same thing. and they didnt. just that i kept getting the cards that told me the same things :
1. that i place too many restrictions upon myself.
2. that i should forget my pride and ask for help. and stop restricting myself.
3. that i shud ask help from a young man with dark eyes n dark hair (very helpful, considering 98% of the young man i know are dark-eyed and dark-haired)
4. that there is a possibility of me having smthng stolen from me in the near future. (i shud start following michelle's n lesley's example of carrying bags to the toilet)
5. and that everything will turn out good, so i shud go for it.
AND all this relates to baby cyclops. i don know how the theft comes in there, but its apparently related. bloody hell.
to those of you who actually know what im talking about, HELP!! i need ADVICE!!

but other than the freakiness of the cards, and the fact that we didnt end up playing badminton, i had a really good weekend, despite being internet-deprived for two whole days.
ive noticed that when me n my cousins get together, we always laugh our heads off.
95% of the time, its for no reason. i think we just like laughing. to quote suh ming : "we are happy happy people".
hehe..
and ive also begun to realise that it takes a rather high level of intelligence to be able to laugh over absolutely nothing. XD

if you've noticed, my frenster layout looks different. i think its pretty nice.
THANK YOU JEA MIE!! :):):)
hehe. jea mie did it for me. because she's damn pro at it. and also because she loves me.
like i said, im loved.
:P
and she's also going to kill me really really soon, cos i keep making her change stuff.
hehe. sorry!!

and this post is already way too long.
so im shutting up now.
hehe.. XD

~vid~