Tuesday 21 August 2007

If...

If.
Such a beautiful word.
Yet destructive at times.
If only I did that.
If I didn't say that.
If I were to be a millionaire.
If I could just.
If today never happened.
If I did it in time.
If only I had the courage to.
If she didnt' go away.
If only I studied harder.
If we didn't break up.
If miracles came true.
Yes.
If.
If you could make a wish.
That would make your if come true.
What would you wish for?
What would your if be?
Wouldn't our lives be much better,
If our ifs came true?
Sometimes, yes.
But what if our ifs are a result of sudden rage?
If only she would die.
If I don't have to see his face ever again.
If she would just leave me alone.
If only I didn't have a brother.
And it came true?
Would you regret making that wish?
Of course you could always unwish it back.
But then again, why make it happen in the first place?
What would happen,
If all the ifs in the world came true?
A : If only I could rule the world.
B : If only there was world peace.
C : If only no one existed on this planet.
D : If only the solar system never existed.
E/F/G/H/I/J/K/L/M : If only I could be the richest person on Earth.
N/O/P/Q : If only their ifs didn't work.
Contradictions. Contradictions.
What would happen then?
Then again,
There are some ifs that are irreversible.
If I never existed.
If only my ifs never came true ever again.
You can't exactly reverse your if if you didn't exist, can you?
Nor can you do it if your ifs don't work anymore.
If.
Such an interesting word.
If I could get all As in my exams.
If I could get a perfect partner.
If I could start my own sucessful business.
If I could be rich and famous.
If all your ifs came true,
You wouldn't be sitting here reading my post.
So get off your butt NOW.
And make your ifs come true.
The good ones, mind you.
May all your good ifs come true. (:

--- JM ---