Friday 10 August 2007

National Service.

Okay, truthfully, I seriously don't mind going for National Service.
And no, I'm not saying this just because I wasn't chosen.
( Which I'm still not sure of.
I want to see it with my own eyes before I can actually believe I escaped the clutches of NS,
what with my current rotten luck and all.
That being said, the stupid website still isn't loading. )
Anyway, back to the main topic.
I'm not saying I WANT to be chosen but going for NS might not mean the end of the world.
I didn't want to be one of the "lucky" ones because I'm in Form 6 now.
Which means I can't go for NS next year what with my STPM and all.
So I'll have to postpone it to the year later.
And spend 3 months with teenagers a year younger than me - 1991 kids.
Not saying that's a bad thing.
But being a year older than everyone around you can have a weird effect on your mind.
And sending postponement letters to the government isn't exactly my idea of fun.
So basically, I'll have to go to a lot of trouble if I were to be chosen.
So yeah, hopefully I'm not.
To Vidya, you don't have to go you know.
I mean, you could always spend 3 months in jail instead.
That would be so much more fun right?
Don't worry la.
It's not as bad as you think it is.
You get to meet new friends.
Train yourself to be more independent.
Wake up at 4 in the morning.
Get punished as a group for someone else's mistake.
Be served uncooked food.
See "those" things.
Spend a night in the jungle.
Share the toilet with a hundred other trainees.
Learn the chicken dance...
Point taken.
I shall say no more.
--- JM ---