Tuesday 21 February 2012

Shivaratri





It's Shivaratri today!

And ohmygod I didn't even know until like 5pm when someone tweeted about it and then I was like
"HOLYSHIT SHIVARATRI IS TODAY!?"

...because I'm so well-versed in Hindu festivals and all right.
I didn't even know when Thaipusam was.
That's how horrible I am.



Right, for the benefit of my readers around the world
(you have no idea how much pleasure it gives me to be able to write something like that. ahem)

Shivaratri, directly translated, means The Night of Shiva,
so basically,
all devotees of Lord Shiva (that's us Hindus) are supposed to keep vigil throughout the night and worship Lord Shiva.
So basically you don't sleep.
I think there are some pujas (rituals) involved which you are supposed to do at night,
or alternatively you can meditate.
or something.

I'm really horrible at all this ritual stuff.
We don't really follow any of it in my family at all, so.

The article on wikipedia is quite comprehensive though, if anyone wants to read up on it.



I've never actually stayed up for Shivaratri before.
Don't know why I suddenly felt like staying up this year,
but the problem is, since I didn't know it was today, I fell asleep sometime in the afternoon for a couple of hours,
so that kind of cancels it,
and then we ate meat today, so like.
Even if I did stay up and meditate or whatever, it wouldn't count.
so yeah.

It's like there's no point.

And staying online throughout the night probably wouldn't count either, I think you have to meditate or something,
so..

I guess I shouldn't stay up then.
:/
Next year, it is!




I like how it says unmarried women normally stay up so that they can get husbands like Lord Shiva.
:O
...
So doing Shivaratri properly next year.
ahem.



Right,
its 3am.
And thanks to my skype session, I've now got tonnes of Ali Zafar pictures and about 4 videos loaded and my head is full of impure thoughts,
so
yep.
that definitely cancels out any vigils.



Damn.






AND OH MY GODDDDD THIS WOMANNN.

So I'm skyping with her right, and she asks me to change my tumblr url (I've had the same one for almost 3 years now)
And I'm like ok.
So she's like change it to 'alizafarlover.tumblr.com'
Like just for the LOLs yeah,
so I go check if it's available, and its not,
and I'm like damnnn someone else has got it already,
so of course I want to see who has it right,
so I type it into my address bar,

...and I see THIS.




BLOODY HELL.
WHY DO MY FRIENDS DO THESE THINGS.

I actually laughed for 5 mins straight though.
(and yes I normally have that many tabs open)



I really should sleep.




I hate how almost everyone I can really connect with are all on the other side of the world.
It's not fair.

I also hate how I've finally found one person who layans my Ali Zafar obsession (feeds it, more like) and she's all the way in Manchester.
-_-
Oh well, thank God for Skype I guess.



ROARRRRR.



~vid~

4 comments:

  1. I would read up on it, but it has too many words I can't even pronounce. Too late for stuff like this, rly.
    And: Who wants to be married to a God? O.o

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL no worries, I didn't read the whole thing through either. ahem.
    Well, not married to a God per se lol, just married to someone with all the qualities that this particular deity had : kind, brave, loyal, short-tempered.. :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...with the ability to pulverize you any moment... great husband O.o
    Is it just me or is this weird? :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Technically he wouldn't be able to pulverize you because he'd be ..well, human.
    I think the point was just to pray for a good husband. LOL.

    ReplyDelete