Tuesday 14 February 2012

Valentine's Day! ...and other stories.




I've been spending the last few minutes trying to figure out why my neighbour has been uncharacteristically blasting random love songs on the radio all morning.
..
..and then it hits me.
*insert facepalm gif here...wait I have a facepalm gif*








yep.
...It's Valentine's Day!
*throws confetti around ...don't have a gif for that unfortunately*



I'm one of those souls who actually really likes Valentine's Day...
...usually.
I mean, everything is so pink and fluffy and everyone's so lovey-dovey, it makes you want to be all doe-eyed and dreamy and fluffy-wuffy too.

Not this year though, unfortunately.
Nope.
This year I'm quite content to spend Valentine's Day being grumpy and bitter and envious of all you people out there who have significant others to spend Val Day with.

.
.
.

...I kid, I kid.
I'm not actually grumpy.
I'm just not AAAAAHITSVALENTINESDAYLETSBUYCAKEANDCELEBRATE the way I usually am on Valentine's Day each year.
Despite my love for the occasion, it's finally dawned on me that I've never really had a Valentine's Day date in all my 22 years.
I've had impromptu ones, sure...and random 'presents', but I've never actually spent it with someone who took time off their schedule to actually ask me out on a date. For V Day.

..I'm rambling, aren't I?

Yes I am.





Right.
So.

Moving onnnn...

Remember how I was all emo the other day, and went to find Ali Zafar songs to cheer myself up..
..that man has the voice of an angel, I swear (have I mentioned this before?)..
...and I came across the London Paris New York title track!

I do not know how I managed to listen to all the other songs from the movie,
without listening to the title track.

I mean what.

Right, so anyway, I listened to it the other day,
and I LOVE IT.
I LOVE IT.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT.

I've been silly dancing around my room to it ever since.

And when I say silly dancing I don't mean like the cute kind of silly dancing people do in the movies (I can't move along to a rhythm to save my life)
I mean like silly silly dancing.
Like





yep.





His hair is ridiculous (but I still love it so),
and their dance moves amuse me so much for some reason.
Love the lyrics though.
And his voice, as always, is just...sigh bb y u so talented :/

Officially my new pick-me-up song.
And if someone ever sang this to me to cheer me up, I'd marry them on the spot.
I kid you not.

Honestly can't wait for the movie to be out (eventhough I don't really have any high expectations for it)
March 2nd, apparently.
Let's hope they show it in a cinema here. *fingers crossed*
Let's also hope I manage to find some kind soul who'd come along with me to watch this if they show it in a cinema here.
It'd be decidedly sad to go alone for a movie like this.
Very sad indeed.






I've got another yoga class later this evening.
Not looking forward to it AT ALL.
I'm not terribly fond of this yoga teacher (IHATEYOUYOUEVILDEVILSPAWNFROMHELL) to be honest.
I mean, I did call her up in December to tell her I wanted to take a one-month yoga class.
And she was all "yeah sure no problem just come whenever"
And I really did want to continue after this one month ended,
...it's not my fault she doesn't have classes on Friday nights or weekends!
And I can't keep coming back from Seremban midweek for some lousy yoga class ok.
So she's not happy about the fact that I'm going only for barely a month,
and she's not being too nice to me about it either.
But oh whattheheck.
It's another 7 classes and I'm done with it for electives.

Seriously considering going back to Dr Suresh for yoga classes on weekends though.
Used to go in 2008, but stopped because my friends stopped,
and because I was too lazy.
Might've actually continued going if he wasn't so far away in PJ though.
...or not. Because I would still have been too lazy.
-_-
But no, this time I'm dragging my brother and my sister-in-law along, and we are starting yoga again.
yes.
ok.







I actually wanted to blog about this new book I was reading the other day, which I've completely fallen in love with.
...but I kinda want that to have a whole post by itself instead of just being part of this obligatory (not really, I just wanted to blog) Valentine's day post,
so I'll probably write about that either tonight or tomorrow.




yesh.




There was honestly something else I wanted to blog about,
something was playing on my mind while I was eating lunch earlier, but I seem to have forgotte...oh yes!
I remember now!

I've developed this sudden urge to cook.
I mean, okay, during Diwali last year I discovered that contrary to popular belief (read : contrary to my own low opinion of my culinary abilities), I could, in fact, bake.
Well.
I mean I can follow a recipe to a tee and come up with some pretty good results,
but saying I can bake just somehow sounds more..accomplished, somehow.
Yes, so anyway.
I can bake,
and this recent trip to Ireland made me realise that I can, in fact, make biryani.
From scratch.
We made biryani one night in Ireland, for dinner,
(did I blog about this? I must have, I was so proud of how it turned out! ..the biryani I mean)
And it was yummy. :D
Not at all bad, for a first attempt at cooking anything from scratch :D
Which of course, brings me to the conclusion,
that I can, in fact, cook.

...and now I keep wanting to cook.
I don't know why.
I'm craving muffins.
And random potato dishes.
And.
argh.
I think I'm channeling the spirit of some food-loving ghost or something.

See, this wouldn't be a bad thing if I wasn't trying to lose weight currently.
..Not that I'm trying.
I'm pretty much just sitting around and wishing myself thin (which doesn't help at all, no matter what Law of Attraction theory you want to preach).
And I'm using my sorethroat *cough cough* as an excuse (to myself) to avoid starting running again.

I don't know why I lie to myself so much.
It's a shame.

Oh but yes,
(I tend to go all over the place when I'm blogging, don't I? Shows how much of a mess my mind is in...I should take up meditation or something)
this sudden need to cook would not at all fit in with my plans of somehow miraculously growing thin over the next two weeks...
...so I'm faced with a dilemma.
I want to cook.
But I don't want to eat.
But I'm not one of those people who can't eat what I cook.
I can eat what I cook/bake...eat alot of it, at that, too.
So if I cook, then I will eat.
Alot.
And that won't make me thinner.
(not that sitting around blogging about growing thinner is going to make me any thinner either, but whatever)
So I can't cook.
But I want to.

See the problem?


Oh btw,
this is a picture of the biryani I made. :D
And Sanjana's chicken sambal.
And the makeshift raita we made using lemon-flavoured yoghurt (seriously don't ever use flavoured-yoghurt for raita, it's awful)



Doesn't it look pretty?
*ahem*







And.
aaaaaah okay so I can't think of anything else I wanted to say.





ok.
end of blog post.
I will tryyy to regain some semblance of quality and write a proper blog post the next time.

Key word : try.

ok.



~vid~

No comments:

Post a Comment