Wednesday 1 February 2012

Holiday Rant


Currently checking out the new songs from London Paris New York.
They were apparently released yesterday or today or something.
I'm behind times here thanks to the lack of internet.

Not tooooo fond of the songs just yet, except Voh Dekhnay,
but maybe the rest will grow on me.



No one I know is online. sigh.
But then again its almost 1am and I have to be up by 5am, so I suppose its best that I don't get carried away talking to people online.

I don't get why we're calling this a holiday when we have to be up by 6am everyday.
-_-
I thought holidays meant you got to sleep in at least once in awhile.
At this rate I'm going to need a holiday to recover from this holiday.




The hotel we have today is crap.
Its the kind of hotel that tries too hard to be all cool and trendy, and fails miserably.

The bathroom is ridiculous.
It has a glass wall.
A glass wall.
A fucking clear glass wall through which you can see right into the bedroom itself.
And vice versa.
And the only "saving grace" it has is a semi-transparent white curtain.
...thats supposed to give you some semblance of privacy apparently.
It's damn wtf.
I understand some people have these kind of bathrooms in their homes but that's different.
You shouldn't have it in hotels.
I fucking have to share the room with my parents for god's sake.
I've resorted to getting everyone to clear out of the room and locking the bedroom door everytime I want to take a shower.
Which is honestly fucking inconvenient.

I mean, why would anyone want a bathroom like that in the first place?

Think about it,
even if I was newlywed and on a honeymoon with my spouse and I was in the mood for some sexytime, then I'd join him in the shower instead of sitting in the bedroom and watching him shower through a fucking glass wall.
What kind of weird fetish crap is that anyway?



I suppose I should be thankful this hotel at least has wi-fi.
-_-



The punjabi track from LPNY isn't too bad.




I still have more things to rant about.
Like my dad's cousin.
Whom I absolutely cannot stand.
I've ranted about him before, maybe a couple of years ago.
Dude has absolutely no concept of personal space which annoys the fuck out of me.
I have HUGE issues when it comes to personal space ok.

But that's not the issue I have with him this time around.

We went to a temple today,
and after the prayers were done, I was standing outside with him, waiting for the rest of the family to follow,
and he tries to make conversation.
...which goes like this :

Did you use any cream to make your skin dark?

Excuse me?

Your face...it's so dark! Did you use some cream or something you're allergic to?

... (at this point I'm like wtf the rest of me is the same colour what are you on about)

You never used any cream?

No.

You were like this from birth? You were born dark-skinned?

....OH NO. I WAS BORN ALL WHITE THEN ONE DAY I DECIDED TO ROLL AROUND IN MUD AND I ENDED UP STAYING THIS COLOUR.

NO SHIT.

-_-

My colour is also a sensitive point with me.
...comes with being the subject of racism for a good part of my early life.







Okay,
so my "holiday" isn't totally shit.
I mean, for the most part it is shit,
but there was this one day we went to the National Park, which involved a good long walk up a mountain.
That was a lot of fun. I like mountains.
Plus everyone was too tired and kept stopping here and there so I ended up walking about three quarters of the way up by myself.
That was nice.

Although there was apparently some college tour on the same day, from a boys college,
so there were loads of boys my age all over the place,
and they would comment on my hair, my jeans, my shoes, etc etc as I passed them.
-_-
You know how in some Indian movies, there's this one girl who comes from overseas and she's dressed different and she behaves different and everyone stands around and stares at her?
...I'm that girl.
I was honestly quite tempted to walk up to them and go like
"Just because I'm obviously not from around here doesn't mean I don't understand perfectly well every single thing you're saying"
I probably would've done it....'cept it wasn't like the comments were bad or anything.
Appreciative, more like.
ahem.
:D


And then there was this other day we went on the houseboat (day before yesterday I think, I'm losing track of time),
which was fun.
Just cruising along the river.
That was really nice.
I like water.

And then yesterday we went to the beach and stayed at this really nice hotel.
And had really nice food.
(which no one liked except for me...I'm destined to always be the black sheep here apparently)
The only problem was that our rooms were too far from the main building and so we didn't have wi-fi.
But the beach was nice.




yep.
We're going to my mother's relations' house tomorrow.
Will be staying there for the next few days.
Not looking forward to that at all.
I'd rather be in a hotel, no matter how crap it is.

I've also come to realise that I've automatically categorized all these people in India into "Mum's relations" and "Dad's relations"
They're not my relations.
lol.
Well, at least..not yet.
Not for a long time yet.




Also, during all the temple visits and checking into hotels and walks up the mountains..
..I couldn't help but wish I had someone here with me.
I don't actually have anyone proper in mind right now, so my fantasies currently involve Poor Lost Sheep Boy (I'll write about him proper when I get home).
But ugh.
just.
I hate being the odd one out.

Dear Future Husband,
Hurry up and show up already! I've been waiting for you for so long!






It's 1.15 now.
huh. Funny how time passes by faster when you're ranting.

I really should sleep.




Nightnight.





~vid~

4 comments:

  1. Haha wow, you've kinda been surrounded by stupidity xD. A bathroom with a glass wall? I don't even...
    And are your parents' skin a lot lighter than yours or something? Because that was an unbelievably dumb thing to say.
    But hey! if you're the only one who liked the food, more for you, right? =D.

    Oh, and houseboats. Are. Amazing. My family spent a week on one for my grandparents' fiftieth anniversary. So awesome.

    Laugh at the dumb stuff =D. It won't matter eventually :).

    <3 Paige

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. I have. And I know, right?? Apparently all the rooms in the hotel have the same kind of bathrooms...so weird! :/
    My mum is really fair, but my dad is dark. Guess I took after him. My brother took after my mum though, he's fair too. It's an indian thing I guess...they don't really care about colour when you're a guy, but girls have to be fair to be considered pretty. Oh well.

    The houseboat was fun! And omg a week?? That must've been incredible! Did you guys for a cruise or something? :DD
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha yes it was incredible! It was my family, my cousins (and their parents), and my grandparents, and we rented the houseboat :). Just kinda chilled on a massive lake xD. We have been on a cruise, though. Have you seen a cruise ship? Freakin insanely huge. And the one we were on was actually one of the smaller ones. So crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah. That does sound pretty awesome. It must've been a huge houseboat! That must've been nice :D
    I've seen a cruise ship, but I haven't been on one..yet! hehe. I'd like to go someday! :)

    ReplyDelete