Saturday 5 March 2011

Leaving the old, and starting anew.




Hi hi hello hi.




So I cut my hair.



Short.



Like really really short.






Like chin-length.

.

.

.

I haven't worn my hair short since I was 11 years old.

I can't say it was a completely impulsive decision.
I'd been toying with the idea of chopping all my hair off, for about a week now.

This was what sparked it off, to be honest.


Forget the past, leave the old, start anew.

Why not, right?





Spent the one week asking everyone if they thought short hair would suit me.
Only Sufi and Mhirah were all "go for it!"
Everyone else thought I was joking.
-_-

Obviously you people don't know me well enough.

I do not
joke.

I am sarcastic.
And I will make fun of you at your expense,
but I do not
joke.
Especially not about things like my hair omg.

What kind of joke is that anyway?

I think I want to cut my hair.

Gee, wow, that sure was
funny!

-_-




Yes so anyway,
my mother was against it....something about short hair not suiting Indian people or what not.


So at the end of the week, I'd decided on trimming it.
Like about 3-4 inches off.

Because I was so sick of the straightened bits at the end,
plus my brown highlights were getting ugly faded old...and it just didn't look nice la, so I wanted it all off.

I decided I didn't want it too short, partly because I was trying to grow my hair out to waist-length.
(just for the heck of it)



But as the lady was snipping off the ends,
I was like....its only another couple of inches, right....why the hell not?

So.

I told her to cut it all off.

A good 6-7 inches of my hair.

ALL.
OFF.


I remember when she cut the first bit off I freaked out.


LIKE
AHHHH OMG WHAT HAVE I DONE!?






But then I couldn't ask her to stop, because it would be stupid to walk around with shoulder length hair and have one lock right at the back only chin length, right?


And then I was like SHIEEEET MY HIGHLIGHTS WILL BE SO MUCH MORE OBVIOUS NOW.
And then I thought.
Screw it. If the lecturers think its a problem, I'll just dye my hair black again. Problem solved.

Right?

Right.

So yeah.

I had to close my eyes for the rest of it though.
However ugly my hair was, still sayang to have it all chopped off.






I was very undecided last night on whether I liked it or whether I hated it and regretted it and wanted my long hair back.


Took a picture, asked people how I looked.


Only Sufi, Mhirah, Jovann, Isabell, Mani and Rachel were being actually supportive of it.

Everyone else was all like
I MISS YOUR LONG HAIR ITS NOT NICE ITS NOT YOU BLA BLA.


Felt like total shit last night, thank you very much.
I was really beginning to regret it.






And then I woke up this morning,
washed my hair.


.
.
.
OMG I LOVE IT.
SO EASY TO WASH.
SO EASY TO CONDITION.
SO EASY TO DRY.
SO EASY TO STYLE.

YES YES YES.

I FREAKING LOVE MY HAIR OK.



Long hair is pretty enough,
but my hair isn't the manageable kind.
Takes lots of treatments, and conditioning and styling to get it to fall how I want it to.

And I think the Seremban people were the only supportive ones, because they're the only ones who realise how tedious it is to get up at 6am and have to wrestle your hair into something presentable.
Its so so
so much easier to just wake up, give it a brush, and go to class.

(and lets not talk about the fact that pulling it all back into a high ponytail made me feel like a total auntie)

I like my short hair.
Even my mother likes how it looks now.
When it grows out, I might let it grow long again...or I might maintain it short.
I don't know yet.


For now, I'm happy.


A new beginning, right?




If you don't like it...well, its
my hair isn't it? Don't like, don't look at me la.
The end.





So for all of you who don't have facebook, and who haven't seen my hair yet.

Nah.

This is how it looks.



Whats
your verdict?




~vid~


No comments:

Post a Comment