Wednesday 16 March 2011

A list of random people/things that I hate

1. The Hello Syndrome
I'm sure most of us have experienced this at some point in time. You pick up the phone and the conversation goes like this:
You : Hello?
Caller : Hello?
You : Hello!
Caller : Hello!
You : Hello!!
Caller : Hello!!
You : Hello!!!
Caller : Hello!!!
And it just goes on and on until one of you gives up. Don't you just hate it when that happens?
Of course sometimes the caller turns the tables around and asks : Who are you? And you're left wondering if you should tell the caller who you are or return the question. I mean, they're the ones who are calling, not you, so why should you tell them who you are? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Hello? Who are you? Your mom.


2. People with bad grammar
I don't get why people like to add the letter 's' to their words, even if there is no plural.
"I bought a chickens today!" "That's mean its easy!"
Or how about people who can't differentiate between 'your' and 'you're'?
"You're spelling is horrible!" "Your so pretty!"
And some don't even know when to use 'don't' and 'doesn't'!
I have a lecturer who I think has no idea that the word 'don't' actually exists.
She keeps saying "I doesn't know that!" "They doesn't know the meaning."
Not forgetting people who love using short forms.
It's okay to use 'frens' instead of 'friends' or 'dunno' instead of 'don't know' but get this,
I know someone who uses 'cum' instead of 'come'
So when I sms her "Where r u?", She replies "I'm cuming!"
Imagine that!
But the worst type of language offenders would be the ones that use profound words even though they have no idea what the words mean. No examples here. Figure it out yourself.

Just kidding, your grammar sucks!


3. People who shake their legs
Ah, the dreaded leg shakers. How I loathe these people. It's bad enough that their leg shaking is distracting everyone around them, but the trembling of their legs are actually creating small tremors all around that area. Seriously, I have absolutely no idea what can possess a person to shake their legs so violently. I know this person who shakes her leg EVERY SINGLE TIME in the lecture hall. Even if I'm sitting 3 seats away from her, I will know when she starts shaking because I will feel my chair trembling as well.

If I shake my legs hard enough, maybe I'll generate enough heat to warm up a cup of coffee!



4. People who can't spell my name correctly
I understand my name isn't the easiest thing to spell or pronounce, so I don't mind if they write my name as J Me or Jamie or something of that sort. But Jimmy/Jie Mei? I mean, COME ON LA! You'd think people would at least have the courtesy to get the CORRECT spelling of my name when asking me for help. I especially hate it when they spell it wrongly on my wall on Facebook. HELLO? My name is right there at the top of the page. Would it kill you to scroll up and get the correct spelling? I don't even care if you want to copy and paste. Just GET IT RIGHT!

Hmmm..I can't remember how to spell her name and being the lazy pig that I am, can't be bothered to look it up so I'll just make something up and hope I get it right!



5. Ariel from The Little Mermaid
Because she frolics around the ocean wearing only a bra made out of seashells. And I quote : She's got Margaret Keane inspired eyes that take up 3/5 of her face, hair extensions that don't fail when wet, and a waist the width of a bicep despite having twice the lung capacity of an average opera singer. (http://dibblyfresh1.blogspot.com/2010/08/movies-in-minute-disneys-little-mermaid.html)

Look at me! I have no clothes on! Now let's go teach children to want what they can't have and disobey their parents!

-- J Me --

No comments:

Post a Comment