Tuesday 22 March 2011

Making Tea

So.

Okay, proper blog post this time.



My brother will be coming back to KL. For good.
He's gotten a new job, based in KLCC if I'm not mistaken.

*touchwood*

We're just waiting for him to leave the old company, will probably start work in the new one in May or something.

You have no idea how many emotions I'm feeling right now.

It's definitely going to be weird at first.

...he's been living away for 12 years almost!

But...its just. I'm so happy.
He's finally coming home. And its not like for a week or two weeks, its for good.

:')

There'll be alot more fighting in the house...we just always somehow end up rubbing each other the wrong way,
but maybe there's a chance to make up for that 12-year gap, where he missed out on my growing up and where I missed out on how the boy who left home in '99 suddenly grew up into this family man.

It's not like we haven't seen each other these few years, but you have no idea how often I have felt like an only child.



Yeah.
So he's coming home soon. :)




I'll stop rambling on about that.



I could tell you about the time I made tea.
For the very first time.
I usually just steep a tea-bag and add honey and lemon (or lime, if I have either). No milk.
And I have never made tea for anyone else either.

That's not to say I don't like milk tea/English tea/wtv its called ofc.
I LOVE it.
I've just never made it.


So yeah. One day my mother was sick and she wanted me to make tea.

And I had no idea how.


But I tried.

So first, boiled 3 1/2 glasses of water.
And then I had to figure out how many spoons of tea leaves to add, right?

So I figure, one tea bag to one glass of water,
so that would mean I needed about 3 1/2 teabags' worth of tea leaves to add to the boiling water.

And by my logic *ahem* one teabag would equal one tablespoon.
(its not like I inspect teabags on a daily basis, so this was just an estimate ok)

So three tablespoons went in,
and then I looked at the saucepan I was boiling the water in.
It looked so empty.
Like there's so much water...and just this small bit of tea leaves bubbling way at one corner.

So I added another spoon for good measure.


And then I waited.

And waited.

And waited.

And then I got fed up so I didn't let it brew very much before I took it off the stove, and added condensed milk and normal milk.
I didn't know how much to add,
so I went by my earlier ratio of 1tbsp of condensed milk to one glass of water, and then just added normal milk til it looked the right colour for tea.


yeh.


And then I poured it out for everyone, and they were like

"It's so nice!"

*pause*

"How many spoons of tea leaves did you put in exactly?"

"4"

"FOUR?! WHY SO MUCH!"

"I dunno. How much was I supposed to put in?"

"Like one and a half spoons?"

OH.

OH.

Apparently one teabag estimates to about half a tablespoon.


LOL.

oops.



But oh well! At least now I can make tea.



I could totally become the next perfect Indian housewife.





~vid~

No comments:

Post a Comment