Sunday 24 February 2008

Mixed Feelings

My dad wants to get me a new laptop.
Yay!

And I went and checked out my room today.
UGH THE MESS!!
It took two hours to get rid of the dust and cobwebs, before the room started looking remotely presentable!
And the bathroom has a bathtub. I hate bathtubs, cos the sides always look so dirty.
And the bathroom itself was covered in a layer of dust, AND the mirror is just hopeless.
Its like those dirty, stained mirrors that you see in all the cheap horror movies. I scrubbed it for half n hour n it still looks awful. I'll have to get a new mirror.
And the bathroom is dark, because the light isnt working. I have to buy a new lightbulb too.
I suppose it will look a whole lot better once the light is switched on, but for the time being, it looks miserable.
I hate the bathroom.
Ah well, there goes my long showers. I doubt I'd wanna take long showers there. Bluek.
But on the whole, my room's okay lah.
It's on the 2nd floor, so it isn't cool. It's hot. But I spose we'd adjust.

My roommate hasnt arrived yet.
We have two malay seniors staying in the other twin sharing room.
They're both doing nursing, but I haven't met them yet.
But they have a TV lah.
No sign of astro, but got TV. Better than nothing, rite?
And my other housemate is a Sri Lankan girl, International Student. She moved in today too.
She seems nice. :)

I have to go back in a bit, cos they're having an orientation for the hostel students at 5.
And then I have to meet my roommate, and get things sorted out.
But I definitely want to come back home tonight, though. Last night here.
My hostel's pretty safe, so my mum's not so worried about security anymore.
She's no longer planning to come visit me every other day.
So yeah, I'd have more freedom, but I'd be more detached from my family.
I'm beginning to wonder if it's a good thing.

I'm staying in Vista B, and Boone is staying in Vista C.
Which is ten thousand miles far away.
So much for my plans of moving in with Boone and stealing his laptop. (nvm only Suh Ming will understand that)
Takpe. Im getting a laptop of my own soon.
But I spose I'm gonna have to rely on Boone at least to help me get used to the whole LRT thing.
I'm super jakun when it comes to public transport.

Natasha was there for open day today, but I couldn't go see her, cos I was ankle deep in dust.
And sweating profusely.
It looked like I had stepped out of a shower and forgotten to dry myself.
And my jeans was rolled up to my knees.
I looked like a washerwoman, and was definitely not in a position to walk back into the university and exhibit myself to the whole world.
Damn la. And I wanted to see her. :(

I'm sorry if I sound so dead.
I'm just super tired.
I shall come back and write a nice post after orientation.
And then I will let my blog die for one week. :)

~vid~