Sunday 6 July 2008

The Curtain Railing

The curtain railing in my brother's room fell.
Literally. Like "Crash!"
Thank goodness I was sitting under it, or it would've crashed ON my laptop.
And thank goodness it crashed in slow mo, so I had enough to time to look up and prevent it from falling on my head.
-_____-

And since it fell, naturally I had to fix it la rite?
I duno which IDIOT installed it in the first place, because he very hardworkingly didnt put in a wall plug.
NO WONDER LA.
Eesh.
Stupid.
Know how to drill hole for curtain railing duno how to put wall plug.
No basic common sense. -.-"

So at 10.30 this morning, I was standing on a ladder figuring out the intricacies of a curtain railing.
Yay me.
I damn salute the fella who installed our railing.
Dahlah no wallplug, another part of the railing was missing also.
Cos its a double railing, so theres this tiny metal piece thats supposed to be wedged in between both the railings to :
a) hold them in place
b) maintain the distance between both the railings.
I left my cam in Kedah, or I'd have taken a pic to illustrate what I'm talking about.

I had no idea what to use to substitute the missing metal piece, so I used a safety pin at first.
For real.
I think those who know me would know I'm pretty capable of doing such crazy things.
Thank God, my mom found a spare railing part in our storeroom and gave me the piece I needed.
LOL.
I have no idea why we have spare parts for curtain railings in our storeroom.
o_O
Oh well.
Damn, I hope it wasnt my Dad who installed the railing. Considering I very unceremoniously called whoever it was an idiot a few paragraphs back.
But nah.
Me thinks it was the painters.

Long thumb nails are terribly incondusive for DIY Fix-It work.
AND
I do not understand why EVERYone in my family lectures me on how I should be more ladylike,
and yet expects me to fix curtain railings, and put up picture frames, and fix IKEA cabinets, etc etc.
Talk about contradictory.
-_____-

I like fixing stuff.
But not when I have long nails.
ish.

~vid~