Saturday 19 July 2008

Sniff.

Warning : Emo post.

I'm going to miss home.
I didn't even have to pack much today...most of my stuff was still in my bags, exactly where I left them a month ago (yes, I am that lazy lol)
But no la, actually, I was so relieved to be home (esp after that hellish Summatives) that I dropped everything and just sank into the sheer comfiness of being able to stay at home completely for a month.

I was supposed to download movies...
Scan photos...
Watch movies...
Download songs...
Reformat my laptop...
Wash my teddy bears...
Buy and read storybooks...
Go shopping...
Buy shoes and clothes...
I havent done a thing.
Not even ONE.
(I was also supposed to study...but ah well...what else is new? :p)
I've been turning down offers to go out and all, and I'm sorry, but it was just SO good to be at HOME, that I didn't want to go out, or go shopping or anything.
I just wanted to sit at home all day and do nothing.

Sigh.
I sound like I just came back after ten years from some far away unknown place, huh?
Who would believe I stay 15 minutes away and come home every weekend? -__-

But I'm going to miss all the little things, that I've been able to do again this month, that I wont be able to do for the next twelve weeks.
And each holiday that comes around just brings me closer to the day when I'll have to move out almost for good after graduation.
Have I mentioned I'm a family person?
I hate my family to hell and back. They drive me up the wall ALL the time.
And yet, I love them more than anything in the world, and there's nothing I wouldnt do for them.
No matter how annoyed I am with them, when they need me I'll be there. :)

I'm going to miss sitting on the kitchen cabinet and spewing out grandmother stories to my mother while shes cooking.
I'll miss pilfering stuff straight out of the pot and having her swat at me with her wooden spoon..."OI USE A SPOON LA!"
I'll miss "Ma I'm hungry...got wat to eat ah?", and having her list out every food item we have..."Nothing else ah? Nvm la I dowan anything"
(keke. I think you can see why my mother calls me a tropical nusiance)
I'll miss "Ma!" "What?" "Nothing...saja call you" :p
I'll miss sitting down on the carpet in front of the tv and aimlessley channel-surfing.
I'll miss watching hindi/malayalam movies with the whole family.
I'll miss running down to go bang on the piano for 5 minutes every time I get upset about something.
I'll miss my teddy bears being all over the house.
I'll miss having both my and my brother's room all to myself.
I'll miss having acres of space in which to dump my stuff.
I'll miss going and jumping on my mother's bed at night before she goes to sleep.
I'll miss going and jumping on her bed in the morning after she yells at me to get up...just to irritate her, cos she's already tidied the bed. :p
I'll miss having someone wake me up every morning.

Weekends are never enough.
Its like being in transit at the airport.
By the time you settle down, its time to leave.

Bluek.
Another twelve weeks...

~vid~