Friday 11 July 2008

Sesat. Comparatively.

Its 2.45 on Friday, the 11th of July.
And I am bored.
I have yet to finish my COP report. My third week of holidays is ending (wtf I havent been doing anything, how can the holidays be over?!) and I havent finished my report.
Remember how some time last week I proudly proclaimed that I had only Intro and Reflections left to do?
Yeah well...status unchanged.

I have been blog-hopping.
Randomly reading blogs of my batchmates at IMU.
Some whom I know, some whom I dont.
For the record, I know less than 1/4 of my batch...been being very antisocial lately. Ah well, what else is new?
So anyway, one thing I've discovered about the aforesaid blogger-batchmates...
Their blogs all contain mostly their thoughts about life, or about certain issues, and they can go on and on about them.
Essays.
There are of course the occasional "I did this today" posts, but a majority of the posts are about what they feel about things that happen around them.

Somehow I see a stark contrast between my posts and theirs.
They're fun loving people and all that...but there's this serious streak that shows through so competely.
Maybe its the lack of colloqualisms (cheh wah bombastic word) -e.g, no lah, kan, eh, ah, bluek...you get the picture.
The almost non-existentness (ok the correct word is non-existence...sue me :p) of smileys.
Perfect, edited grammar.
Perfectly structured sentences.
Gilafied kiasuness about AIR Topics and MMS sessions and exams and booklists.
Discussing options on how doing badly in one area would affect how well they'd have to perform in another area to pull up the final grade.
O_O

The only times I've mentioned AIR, lectures, etc etc is to complain about how they're making my life difficult.
keke.
I seem so frivolous compared to these people.
So hyper.
Unserious.
Playful.
SOT. XD
But my point is, they're all doling out free advice.
I mean they write COMPLETE POSTS on how looks shouldn't matter, how people should stand up for what they believe in, how to choose between family and friends...
I am not joking.
The only advice I've given out is on how to lose weight, and even that was purely selfish considering I only went and researched it because I want to lose weight after my mum hardworkingly told me I looked pregnant (and no, I'm not joking, she really said that -.-")
...and I only put it up here because I was bored and I didnt know what else to blog about. :p

To be completely honest..
I dont care about other people.
You want to go for looks ke, you want to stand up for what you believe in ke, you think friends are more important than your family ke... I. DONT. CARE.
I am quite happy living my own life.
Dont see the point in sticking my nose into other people's business. Unless of course there's drama and gossip involved. *wink*
I mean, I'll be there to listen to your problems...
I'll be a friend whenever you need one...
You want a shoulder to lean on, someone who will just listen without judging, words of comfort...you can depend on me for that.
But the moment that particular conversation stops, I switch off.
Sorrylah sikit, but I'm not going to spend my time thinking over your problems.
I have plenty of my own to worry about.
I know I sound like a selfish brat (I cant call myself b*tch...its too mean, and I've already been called pregnant O_O) but this is who I am.

So yeah, like I said, I've been comparing myself to these other IMU people.
We're from different planets.
They look like typical chilled-out relaxed people, I look like a first-class nerd. (this is my fav phrase of the moment ;) )
BUT
They study their butts off throughout the semester, I sleep in the lecture hall with my MP3 on, OR I sit and read shopaholic.
They religiously go for every MMS session, and come back and discuss answers, I have been to ONE MMS session this entire semester.
Most of them hang out in the library, I have yet to figure out where the entrance of the library is...I'm quite lost after they started renovating.
They go into VK to check out books, the only reason I go to VK is cos he sells Snickers for cheaper compared to the clubhouse lady.

In IMU, there are all these future doctors, and then, there's me.
What do y'all think?
Am I not in the wrong field?

Bluek.

I refuse to sacrifice my frivolity.
I dont have to try and be different.
I already am.

~vid~