Saturday 20 March 2010

The Wooden Spoon


Today my mother threw away a very old wooden spoon that we own.


It was cracked.
It had to be thrown.



But this was not just any wooden spoon.



This was the wooden spoon my mother used to use...
...when she used to whack me for being naughty when I was small.

LOL!

True story.



I
swear the wooden spoon is bent from all the whackings I used to receive.
My mother swears the wooden spoon was already bent when she bought it.
. . .
Anyone who knows my mother knows there is no way she would buy anything that was bent.

-_-


I used to have this phobia of the spoon man.
Everytime I heard my mum opening the kitchen drawer I used to run like mad and hide.



9/10 times she would be looking for the spoon to whack me with.
O_O


She was NOT a bad mother.
I was just the devil-child.
muahaha.
Hey, I turned out pretty decent in the end, right?
Like Russell Peters said, you should beat your children :D


But yeah, my irrational fear of the kitchen drawer only faded after I was 15 I think.
LOLOLOL.



And
now the spoon is no more.
:(
I would like to request a moment of silence.






*one moment later*


On a completely unrelated note,
today I dreamt of lizards...and violent polar bears....and fish.



~vid~

No comments:

Post a Comment