Monday 30 June 2008

Hair Care?

Since I have nothing else to blog about, and since I am bored, and since I am not in the mood to do any productive work...

I need help.
Well, not help exactly...more like advice, tips, opinions, etc etc.

Here goes.

I'm trying to grow my hair.
Its longer than its been at any time in the past few years...it's almost halfway down my back.
And since I've been away at hostel, I have managed to keep it this length without my mother dragging me to the hairdresser to trim a few inches off every few months.

But then the thing is, I've been noticing, the longer my hair gets, the thinner it gets.
More hair falls out.
Which is desperately annoying.
I do not want long hair just to have it look like rat's tails. -__-
If I leave my hair down you wouldn't really notice it, cos my hair is frizzy. Or bushy. Or kembang, or however you want to describe it.
But when I do tie my hair up, (which is pretty often) it looks like I hardy have hair. Sniff.

Yeah, so me being the hardworking researcher I am, I went and googled for tips on hair-care.
So lemme share :
1. Drink LOTS of water.
I have the tendency to finish 5 1000ml bottles of water in less than two days.
errr...check.

2. Eat food with lots of protein.
Ok. That would taking some working on.
I've given up Maggi Mee.
Does Indomie contribute to hair loss?? Does anyone know?
Oh, btw, when I cook instant noodles, I almost always throw out the MSG stuff.
Thats the stuff that makes your hair fall out rite? Or is it the yellow mee? o_O
I is confusedsified.


3. Dont trim your hair so often.
I mean, since trimming is just to get rid of split ends n all rite?
So if you keep trimming your hair a few inches every time, your hair wouldn't get the chance to grow.
eek.
I must stay away from my mother. O_O
But you have to trim off split ends to allow your hair to grow healthier.
I have yet to figure out how to identify split ends.
Eh Fiona, come stare at my hair for me!! You pro at looking for split ends rite? :p


4. Dont wash your hair with shampoo everyday. And dont use conditioner everyday.
Okay, I can lay off the conditioner.
But I'm the kind of person who washes my hair EVERY single day.
Cos I sweat ALOT. And hence my hair gets greasy-ish really easily, (no I do not use oil on my hair) and I cannot tahan, so I wash my hair, just for the sake of feeling clean.
I sakai a bit ok, I would wash my hair at 2am just if I was feeling uncomfortable. ><
I use Sunsilk though...the green one...the one that claims its ok for everyday use. Shud be ok rite?
Is there anything I can use to substitute shampoo?


5. Exercise!
For blood circulation.
I could work on that. Or try to. Heh.


Thats about all the useful info I could find before I got fed up and abandoned my search halfway.
It was annoying to have to sit thru ten thousand ads advertising shampoos and conditioners and what-nots. -__-
I'm not planning on changing brands anytime soon.

Erm lemme see.
I DO brush my hair everyday. Although I read that its better to use a wide-tooth comb than a brush. For some circulation thing. Is that true??
And I have NEVER dyed my hair.
Or highlighted it.
And I dont plan to either.
I mean come on, taking into account my skin tone, the only colour I COULD dye it without looking like an idiot would be dark brown.
Which would be stupid cosidering my hair IS already dark brown. :p

O ya.
Since I'm writing this post anyway...
Does anyone know how to get rid of scars???
I get scarred soooo easily ok. Mosquito bite oso can scar. Wth.
And it takes years to fade!
I've still got some from my garage-climbing, fence-climbing, tree-climbing escapades with the boys back at the estate. When I was about 5 years old.
-.-"

And now I'm kinda sick of them, and I want them to goooooo.
Any suggestions?
Home remedies? Anything?
*innocent pleading face*
I'm sick of seeing dermatologists.
Theyre no use AND theyre expensive.
I mean, I can get the whole concept of not completely curing your patients, so that they keep coming back to consult you (otherwise no business, rite??)...but I'm not rich enough for that.
So.
Help.
Pwease.
Thank you.

:)

Ok thats it.
Long post.
keke.

~vid~

p.s. PLEASE DO LEAVE COMMENTS IN THE TAGBOX TQ. :):)