Thursday 11 February 2010

Intelligence and Humility

I am bored.

Yan Qi has been blogging alot lately.
I am proud.
*wipes away tears of pride*

At the same time...OI. Stop stealing my spotlight! :D
Joke.
Laugh. NOW.




I am still petty.
Sigh.
Not quite a better person yet.

Some people annoy me.
By just existing.
I shouldn't let it affect me, I know, but argh.

See, as Pn Mahani once said, common sense is very uncommon.

People with no common sense annoy me...only when I have to work with them.
Because they're not on the same freaking wavelength.
So I get annoyed, and I rant and I rage and after 5 minutes, I've vented everything out and then we're all friends again.
I bear no grudges.

The people who really piss me off...are the ones who
a) are not fucking geniuses
b) have very little common sense
BUT
c) seem to think they are God's gift to humanity in terms of brains and beauty and wit.


I mean seriously, my parents have given me a solid foundation, and I know I'm smart enough to cope with anything I decide to study,
but I admit that there are people smarter than me on this planet,
there are people more hardworking than I am,
more deserving of awards or grades or scholarships.

I will say I am smart,
but I will not say I am the smartest person to have ever existed.

I am not.
I have been taught enough humility to acknowledge my shortcomings (and for that I thank my parents).


So to those of you who keep boasting, take a second, step back and take a good long look at yourselves.

If you want to say you're above average, score an A+ in an exam and then boast.
For as long as there are people who score higher than you, who perform better than you in any field, you have no right to blow your own trumpet.

Humility is a more admirable virtue than intelligence.



I rest my case.

Okok I shall not blog about serious stuff anymore...hopefully :D


~vid~

No comments:

Post a Comment